Need some help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help!

I was playing a game of Civ (MPG edition) the other week, and when I was building spaceship parts... it didn't show the number of the different parts that I had already built on the left hand side of the display like I'm used to seeing. Thinking I had somehow deleted one of the game files... I reinstalled the game and the latest patch from Apolyton.

I was just playing another game, and the same thing happened?????

Help!
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Weird...
    Have you tried to use the cheat menu?
    Maybe giving the civs all techs and
    building somewhere the apollo program,
    bying some parts of the spaceship
    for every civ (edit money for them), and
    look if the problem happens with every
    civ (change human player).
    My Civ2 MGE is working fine. Maybe it´s
    just a minor detail that´s escaping from you.
    :::::::::::::
    Craftsman
    :::::::::::::

Comment

If anybody knows the file name, and wants to email me the file so I can overwrite it...
      Keep on Civin'

Comment

Not that it helps your predicament, but it would be interesting to see how it impacted on actually building the SS. Whether it's only a problem of data detail or something more fatal.

------------------
        Founder, ACS Pedantry Institute
        Founder, ACS Gourmet Recipe Exchange
        Troll & Hydey Wrangler
        Mono Rules!
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

It didn't have any adverse affect that I noticed on the ship building process. I was building the fastest ship (34-16-3) and I had to keep track of what I was building so I didn't build an extra structure by mistake But it made it a little more difficult to track the the other ships being built.

DaveV sent me a zip file, saying he thought it might be the right file. So I unziped it and I couldn't find a file with the same name in the game files...
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

I've looked at everything. And that's why I did a total reinstall. And the same thing happens no matter what civ...

I'm wondering if I have a corrupt file, but I have no clue what file handles that.
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

That's not good. So you tried a full uninstall and it didn't work? If it didn't then I don't know. You might also want to scan for viruses.

------------------
              If someone doesn't agree with you, you haven't explained yourself well enough-Luther Ely Smith

She turned me into a newt...well I got better- Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

How many boards could the Mongols horde, if the Mongol hordes got bored?- jcarkey

Comment

Ming - curiouser and curiouser! I took the file (SS.DLL) from my MGE install directory. Did it make any difference when you added it?

Comment

For what it's worth - I have three versions of ss.dll - one of size 1,106Kb in every SP variant directory, one of size 1,422 Kb in my MP directory and one of size 2,245 Kb in my ToT directory - if you don't have it, Ming, this could be your problem ...

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
                  "The Great Library must be built!"
                  "A short cut has to be challenging,
                  were it not so it would be 'the way'."
                  - Paul Craven
                  "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                  "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Hmmmm... maybe that is the problem. I couldn't find a SS.DLL file. I didn't add the file DaveV sent me, because I wasn't sure if he had given it a different name when he zipped it. I will check tonight when I get home from work... and update to follow.

And thanks in advance to all... this one bugs me.

Keep on Civin'

Comment

In experimenting with zero science, I sometimes got a wierd display.
                      Also, as a minor correction, I think the fastest ship only needs 33 structuals, not 34.

Comment

The file from DaveV did the trick. I just loaded a game, and the space ship information now shows. Thanks!
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                        X