Civilization Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilization Contest

I was there, in the train, going home, a few hours ago, and like everytime I take the train to get back home, I began to think about Civilization...
    I usualy think about strategies, improvements for the new next version, but this time, I thought about;

The organization of an event in which every civ-lovers will be able to come, to connect his computer to a LAN and to play to civilization with other participants on the same place.

Ok, ok, first, it can be said that I'm half fool or something like that , but no...I'm sure it can be organized.

The main idea is to organize this event on to sites, one in Europe, the other in the USA. Each of these sites will be connected to a T1 to allow each site to communicate with the other. There will be places for people coming with their computer, and the possibility for people coming without their tools to rent a computer for the contest.

Ok, most of you will tell me, why, we got Internet, etc...But imagine a warehouse full of civ-lovers, playing, exchanging new strategies, etc...And above all, playing with 6 other humans without any lag, without being disconnected, .... Heaven

If i find enough people interested in it, I'm ready to start building a new website for this.

wrong forum

------------------
    "Crucifixus est dei filius; non pudet, quia pudendum est.
    Et mortuus est dei filius; credibile prorsus est, quia ineptum est.
    Et sepultus resurrexit; certum est, quia impossibile."
    Tertullian

"Difficile est saturam non scribere."
    Juvenal

Comment

wrong login
      This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Double Login
        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Moved to the General CivII forums from the OTF.

It will appear closed here, but go check it out in its new location if you wish to continue discussing it.

Thread moved....

------------------
          Ming
          CivII & Off-Topic Forum Moderator
          Ming@Apolyton.net
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
          X