Building a Better Civ2 AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a Better Civ2 AI

I've never seen a revised improved Civ2 AI to download.

It sounds like many people have tweaked things to try to improve their games tho. Would anyone be interested in a joint effort to create an improved AI by tweaking game file, AI interests in advancements, etc.?

At the very least I'm curious what tweaks & adjustments everyone feels has made their enemy AI better. Such as...

1>Switching carrier slot with battleship/destroyer - did that work? What about altering other units to make the AI better?

2>What government do you feel helps barbarians out the most (Civtweak allows you to change their government & give them gold)?

3>Enemy AI interest in Monarchy is only a 5 (4 for military minds) tied with the alphabet, leadership, & ironworking. Monarchy is HUGE, I feel an 8 is more appropriate. Your thoughts?

4>What other AI value changes for advancements (if any) have you done?

5>There are some AI minds possible which are not available unless you tweak. Some are: 0,0,0 = 100% neutral; -1,-1,-1 = rational, perfectionist, militaristic; -1,1,1 = rational, expansionist, civilized; Has anyone played against these or others?

whoops - the Sioux are 100% neutral 0,0,0 - sure have hated playing against them!

Making monarchy a higher AI priority will 'probably' not help - they won't use the damn thing! I frequently gift Monarchy and Republic to all and sundry only to find that they just love to stay as despots!

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
    "The Great Library must be built!"
    "A short cut has to be challenging,
    were it not so it would be 'the way'."
    - Paul Craven
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Opps, you're right the Sioux are 0,0,0.

In my tests (on Civ2:Gold Diety), giving monarchy to the enemy AI via cheat day 1, they do switch. But you're right they don't do it once they get it. I saw some wait up to 7 turns.

Update - The AI currently irrigates plains & grass day 1. The AI ignores my new orders (waiting for Monarchy to irrigate) I make in the rules.txt terrain section. So altering the terrain intellegence seems limited.

Comment

Working...
      X