Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All - sorry for the delay; I had to stop at 675 BC and brought the save to finish before work today, only to discover that my 2.42 install crashes on startup. The CD is at home, so I won't be able to finish my reign until tonight or tomorrow. Current stats: 15 cities; exploration and settling of new landmasses underway. More details to follow.

Comment

Finished. Game sent to SG1 and Hodad1.

A brief synopsis of the reign of King Dave (known affectionately to his people as “the Sleazy”):

Upon his succession to power in 1000 BC, King Dave declared a civilization-wide goal of Growth. In pursuit of this end, King Dave made many changes: production orders were changed, fishermen were put to work as foresters, and irrigation projects were abandoned. There was much consternation across the kingdom, and people dared to grumble against the King. Then, in the year 825 BC, King Dave won over the doubters by personally directing the defeat of a barbarian invasion. The grateful citizens of Caralis erected a monument memorializing the brave settler and warrior who gave their all in defense of the city. King Dave quickly named as Praetorian guard the mighty warriors who had defeated two barbarian archers.

Exploration of new lands began. Exploring horsemen discovered barbarians hiding in a ruined village, but dispatched them. Later, the secrets of Horseback Riding and Literacy were found in other villages. As this exploration went on, settlers were busy building roads and new cities on the home continent. King Dave knew that his troops could not keep the people from revolting forever, so he devoted much of the kingdom’s resources to a great project to ensure the populace’s happiness. On the last year of his reign, the Hanging Gardens were completed in Carthage, ensuring happiness for many years to come.

Edit: at the end of his reign, King Dave had a vision showing the relative strength of all the civilizations of the world. King Dave was well pleased by what he saw in that vision.
      [This message has been edited by DaveV (edited October 24, 2000).]

Comment

I would like to join the list, if possible!

My e-mail address is jeffo@mninter.net

Thanks.
        Is it just me, or are these signatures really annoying? I mean, why do I want to keep seeing the same thing every time someone posts? And don't you hate those really long signatures that take up a whole bunch of space?

For no reason?

Come on, I say we ban signatures!!

Comment

Welcome aboard, Saganaga Canoer - I haven't seen the handle before, but you're not a newbie - so you must be MP or OT, which??

all: will try and sort out the web-site tonight (assuming the bl**dy server is up!) mail seems to be a little more reliable - I would still recommend using the 'thefreeinternet' one given above...

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
          "The Great Library must be built!"
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I just got the save.

Will finish my reign in maybe two days, i have lots of work to do for school.
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

You're right, Scouse Gits, I'm not a newcomer. I haven't been very active lately, but I used to be very active in the Off Topic forums, and before that in the Civ2 Strategy and Civ2 Multiplayer forums.

My "claim to fame" was my review for Apolyton of Multiplayer Gold when it came out almost two years ago (see http://apolyton.net/civ2/features/mge_review.shtml )
              Is it just me, or are these signatures really annoying? I mean, why do I want to keep seeing the same thing every time someone posts? And don't you hate those really long signatures that take up a whole bunch of space?

For no reason?

Comment

Hurry up! I should have taken my shot when I had the chance but I thought three days was rude.
                www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Can I knit with you? If so, send me all instructions and *.sav to my e-mail account

<---- there!

Thanks a mil'

Comment

OH ****!

SORRY!

FORGOT THE FILE AT HOME.
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I think 36 hours should be the target time for turning around a save though I don't think it should be forfeit for failing. A little while longer should probably be afforded the person before that sanction is invoked, though I would suggest five days is well past that line. Two forfeits and your out anyone?
                      www.neo-geo.com

Comment

I don't want to be too hard on anyone but really 5 days. I've got kids, work, and a life out side of civ2 and i think i could turn this around quicker.

Now watch me not be able to get my turns done on time.
                        [This message has been edited by skrobism (edited October 30, 2000).]
                        Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

At this rate, we'll finish the game sometime in 2015, if we're lucky.

Can we agree on some ground rules for the maximum length of time for someone to finish their turn? Perhaps 36 hours? That seems pretty reasonable; after all, we're only talking about 10, 15, or 20 turns, right?

HsFB, you weren't clear: have you finished your turn yet? If not, I think you should pass this round and hand over the reins to the next person.

For no reason?

Comment

Does it need to be played with original rules?

I just realizes i had modified a few of the cosmic principles. And i don't have the CD.

you better pass the save to the next one while i try and fix that.
                            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I've sent an e-mail to Maud'dib, the next person on the list, to pick up the saved game from http://www.stusdomain.org.uk/Success...rcle/index.htm and proceed.

For no reason?

Comment

I can't get it from the link posted.
                                Someone is going to have to send the save file to me via e-mail.
                                Please, no zips or hypertext, just attach the file to your e-mail as it appears in your Civ2 Save directory.

Thank you for your patience.

------------------
                                "And his word shall carry
                                death eternal to those who
                                stand against righteousness."

Comment

Working...
                                X