No announcement yet.

How many of you play chess ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chess , one of my all time favorite games.
    my dad taught me when i was very young and
    i taught my son when he was only 6. He is
    16 now and still loves the game. It seems
    to be one of those things we pass on from
    generation to generation. I have played
    online chess with various friends even
    before "Gore invented" the internet. We
    played on the software at work during
    breaks....and well ok...when things were slow
    at work...keep it under your hat ok...
    "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

Let's see.

Board games. Games that use dice. Games that use cards. Games played with a ball.

I guess that's it.

*slaps forehead*

Oh, yeah, and games that use a computer. Duh!!

------------------
      Frodo lives!
      [This message has been edited by kcbob (edited November 20, 2000).]
      Frodo lives!

Comment

I play chess, occasionally, not as much as I used to. There must be a fairly decent FIDE rating of mine hidden somewhere ...

And I play Magic the Gathering. Much more fun than Bridge, even though I've played that game with the best as well!

------------------
        If you have no feet, don't walk on fire
        A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
        Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

I play the game quite a bit. I belong to Yahoo Games

------------------
          I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow
          I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

I loved playing Magic The Gathering. I found 3 problems with the game though.

1: The rules would change with every expansion pack.
            2: It was way too addicting. I'd find myself being drawn into game stores to buy packs of cards that would never be played because...
            3: It was difficult to find relatively 'normal' adults to play with.

One day I'll dig out those cards and teach my boys to play. Then I'll show them the mighty wizard that I know myself to be. Ha HA HA ha.

Did I say 'normal'?
            Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Julius,

If you look at the script from Carolus' and KcBob's first game you'll see that I also play. As an old dinasaur I find it very hard to "see" the board using this new notation system. I expect that soon I will have to get in line to take my turn at Smash, new notation or not.

Ken

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Ken Hinds on 11-26-2000 09:59 AM
                Julius,
                If you look at the script from Carolus' and KcBob's first game you'll see that I also play. As an old dinasaur I find it very hard to "see" the board using this new notation system. I expect that soon I will have to get in line to take my turn at Smash, new notation or not.
                Ken

Damn, so you wish Smash to beat me ? Or do you think his position to be so superior ?
                The game is not finished yet !
                As for you being the new challenger, it is now in the record. To make it offical you should post it in the other games forum.

------------------
                Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe
                Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

BTW, Ken, as you may have noticed from the running commentaries of the games, the "league" is fraught with sandbaggers. Beware!!!

------------------
                  Frodo lives!
                  Frodo lives!

Comment

Julius,

I guess that I really stepped into that one. I was reponding more to the general tone of the message rather than attempting to comment on the way the game was being played. I have been away from the board for away and have not been keeping up with the series or much of anything else here at Apolyton.

KcBob,

Sandbaggers, really? You wouldn't be talking about those of us who have established 60 pin handicaps and then bowl 220 games just because we're playing one of the top 3 teams in the league would you? You don't understand how hard it is to play just good enough to win and not much more. 1 - nil is always a more exciting game then a 7 - nil blow out. Remember you should always allow your opponent hope, and then you snatch it away just as the clock runs out.

Ken

Comment

Working...
                    X