No announcement yet.

Do you play OCC - an informal survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ming, you are definitely behind the times - just look at some of Ribanah's achievements - there is a new OCC Star in the firmament!!!

Comment

Which raises the question, "Is Ribannah a DL of rah?". Take away the middle five letters, convert the initial leter to lower case and voila!

Comment

I have actually played a few MP OCC games.With 3 humans and with 2 humans.Played them on premade maps with IDENTICAL sites.It was pretty good.You really had to think it out because there is no way you will get all the OCC wonders.We made Shake's for humans a no-no.Figured it might be a little strong.Later it was modified to no Cope's and Shake's or no Sir Ike's and Shake's.

The Espionage tech played a major role.Ever steal 12 techs from 1 city in 1 turn Me neither but my opponent did
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Perhaps I should add

Q6:
          What challenges are left in terms of a scenario for comparison games?

Comment

DaveV's Headstart
            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

OK it seems Ribannah's the only one who did it. Anyone else?

Comment

Well, I sometimes play OCC. It's a lot of fun. And I think that at Deity, it's one of the easiest (and shortest and coolest) way to win. I'm currently playing one game with a gigamap and things are going great. From my point of view, the only big difficulty (once you've read and followed Paul's strategy) is building the starship. It takes a lot of time and the AI can (too often) beat you for AC.

------------------
                Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe
                Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by tonic on 11-03-2000 08:07 PM
                  Which raises the question, "Is Ribannah a DL of rah?". Take away the middle five letters, convert the initial leter to lower case and voila!

LOL - he'd wish!
                  Err ... Rah in ban?

------------------
                  If you have no feet, don't walk on fire
                  A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
                  Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

JB: What about the comparison games? These would go like a breeze after your gigamap try.

Rib: What's the significance of the imagery?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Ribannah on 11-10-2000 09:48 AM
                      Err ... Rah in ban?
                      Sorry, Rib, this loses something in the translation ...

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
                      "The Great Library must be built!"
                      "A short cut has to be challenging,
                      were it not so it would be 'the way'."
                      - Paul Craven
                      [This message has been edited by Scouse Gits (edited November 10, 2000).]
                      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by tonic on 11-10-2000 06:45 PM
                        JB: What about the comparison games? These would go like a breeze after your gigamap try.

Well I think the gigamap made it easier this time. The Carthaginians and Mongols were fighting each other on a huge, huge, huge continent, quite far away from me, with the poor Aztecs stuck in the middle, with 2 or 3 cities. The Russians were in the next island, further away from me and all three militaristics neutralized themselves and never discovered neither any signifiant technologie, neither my little island. The Germans were on a relatively small island, alas for them too close from the Russians. They did a great job of fighting of their opponents, but could not become a force in the game. It left only the Chinese, but well you know the light blue civilizations. They’re the weakest in the game. I did some diplomacy and some trading, it wasn’t even stressful and I launched my Spaceship in 1902 before anybody else had discovered space fly. It was a piece of cake. But it’s not always the case. Sometimes those big expansionist civs eat up a civilized one at the right moment and they become almost invicible.
                        BTW, I’ve heard stories about how the AI adapts its science rate according to our technologies. Does it do it at any lever or only at Deity ? If the latter is the case, gigamaps maybe tougher at Emperor level. I should try one next week.

------------------

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Paul on 10-31-2000 04:26 PM
                          Do I really need to answer this?

LOL!

------------------
                          Frodo lives!
                          Frodo lives!

Comment

1. I play at Deity
                            2. I've played a couple of the comparison games.
                            3. I kind of jump around on what I'm playing these days. For instance, I just played a couple of OCC games yesterday. I'm in the middle of two succession games, and I've only recently learned all of the subtle nuances of ICS.
                            4. These are great. But the two I've tried, I've gotten my butt kicked when everybody else has been hitting AC in BC. I guess I've still got a long way to go.
                            5. Comments? If you haven't tried OCC, you owe it to yourself to play until you win. It's an amazing concept that, until you see if for yourself, you won't believe it.

------------------
                            Frodo lives!
                            Frodo lives!

Comment

1 - i play OCC occasionally, and i play it on deity.

2 - i love the comparison games

3 - looks like an N/A

4 - interestin to read, see how much better everyone else does than me

5 - completed most of the comparison games ive come across (about 5), but my times arent very good - yet . not good enough to post . im also to lazy to keep a log - if only the good old civ1 replay was in civ2. ive completed an OCC game on the original civ2. i also tried on tot, but found the ai hostility to be a major problem. tot is really starting to piss me off.
                              i play mp tot games on the zone sometimes - most of the players there seem to be quite poor, and ive thought about going OCC in an mp game, and see if i could win. never had a good enough start though.

Comment

I played a couple times with Forrest -- and lost every time!
                                Apolyton Empress
                                "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

Working...
                                X