Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ironclads

Just felt like sharing this

I'm ina game right now, where I'm the only civ who has spent any time developing naval techs

so now, i've got transports (with musketeers and dragoons), ironclads and magellan

Have you ever seen what a veteran 6 movementpoints ironclad can do to a city defended by archers and pikemen?!?!?

problem is, I'm running out of enemies! all of a sudden, everyone wants to be my friend!

Just ignore those wannabe friends! It's samshing time for you! Once you controll about 80 percent of the world you might want to consider peace just to make it more fun afterwards...

BTW, have you ever seen what a veteran cruiser can do to pikemen and archers? You should have...
    The Lost Geologist Blog
    http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

Comment

Shame you missed the Lighthouse - the Super Ironclad really rocks!

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
      "The Great Library must be built!"
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Fiji - don't forget to look for opportunities to send those ironclads inland!

Look at the map for interior cities built by lakes and inland seas. A couple of "Strategic Cities" means you can gain access to these places with your city destroyers!
        --------
        SG (2)

Comment

da smokes says, screw those little baby civs. they chose ta have sucky armies, now kick there little hides all over the world. get big, then save some land for the losas. afterall, if ya kill em all now, who ya gonna smack around when you've gone modern army( battleships, stealths, carroers, subs, maybe nukes) but, do kick therer asses. and use at least one nuke fo da smokes, k?
          "our words are backed by nuclear weapons"
          "oh, yeah. well, our nukes are backed by 100%money back guarantee, so there."

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Gits on 10-27-2000 07:17 AM
            Look at the map for interior cities built by lakes and inland seas. A couple of "Strategic Cities" means you can gain access to these places with your city destroyers!

I once had 15 of my about 50 cities named channel #(x)

Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I had a game like that a few games ago
              my biggest shipyards were inside a huge lake that was surrounded by 2 tiles everywhere, except in one location.
              built a city there.
              but this outlet was a lake itself, built another city/canal.
              this second canal led into a tiny lake that I linked to the ocean.
              That last tiny lake proved to be an excelent staging area

Comment

The super ironclad approach is great in MP games. Once vet pikeman start appearing in all the cities, combat slows down. But vet ironclads just blow them away. Use them while you can since there is only a limited time frame when they are effective. Costal fortresses and gunpowder will make them obsolete
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Then bring on the spies to sabotage to coastal fortresses..........
                  ---------
                  SG (2)

Comment

Working...
                  X