Wonder Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder Movies

Does anyone still watch the wonder movies?? I've been checking them all out tonight...my favorites are Leonardo's, Apollo, and SETI
    "Veni, vidi, vici."

Translation: "I came, I saw, I conquered." Written by Caesar, in a report to Rome in 47 B.C. after conquering Farnakes at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days.

Just like the Advisers: old friends.
    I say hello once in a while (and I love the Gardens...and the Eiffel Tower )
    Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

I like the Gardens one... and Leonardo.

I confess I had to play the .mpeg file directly from the disk to see the video for the Oracle, the one wonder which I have never built, even once, in all the years I have played Civ2.
      "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

now that you mention it, I can't remember the last time I build the Oracle. I just watched the video from the CD too...it kinda reminded me of the first time I played Civ2...I remember it like it was yesterday
        "Veni, vidi, vici."

Translation: "I came, I saw, I conquered." Written by Caesar, in a report to Rome in 47 B.C. after conquering Farnakes at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days.

Comment

Yup - I still have them switched on - although more often than not I click them into silence
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Well beware anyone getting a SXN game after me - everything is running at the bare minimum!
            Wonder movies, advisors and music are all off, and depending upon the game and whether I've got Marco's or not, then I sometimes get rid of the dip screen too.

Comment

There's no need to use the CD when playing the Mac version. While I enjoyed the movies and was amused by the advisors for several months of play, I haven't seem them in quite awhile now.

The last time I used my disc was to loan it to a PC player who also wanted Civ2 on his iBook. Took me a couple days to find it...

Much easier to just boot up and play.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man
                I confess I had to play the .mpeg file directly from the disk to see the video for the Oracle, the one wonder which I have never built
                This reminds me that the first hundred games of civ2 that I played (and won) were played with building the Oracle
                Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Working...
                X