Super rah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Straybow
    I keep wondering how some people on this board make a living…
    Well, my perception is that there are a lot of students, a lot of professionals, and a consistent smattering of maginally employed. The biggest commonality is IMHO a fairly high level of intelligence (though chlearly, there are exceptions ). You've doubtless noted that ppl seldom complete the "Occupation" line in their profile with any degree of accuracy -- including you...
    If you're really interested, you might consider starting a "What's your occupation?" thread in Community or Off-Topic. (It would get a lot of response in Community, where +1s can be had.)
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Well we only come to work so we can talk about Civ 2 when things get slow.
      And so we can pick up save games.

*Hint, hint*

Oh, work also helps us to pay for a roof to prevent the rain getting into the keyboard when we're playing Civ 2, and the electricity so that we can play Civ 2. Also food to eat while we're playing Civ 2 to prevent us from starving without saving the game for future generations, and heating so that our hands don't freeze around the mouse when it gets cold.

Comment

Good one York....

One of the items in the crawl on a cable news show the other day said, "Scientist determines video games to be addictive." Really??!! He should see us.

Monk
        so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
          I keep wondering how some people on this board make a living…
          Tbh (and this is a compliment to the effort put in around here) I'd hate to be Ming's boss.

Comment

IIRC Ming works by contract, so they don't pay him if he doesn't deliver.
            You've doubtless noted that ppl seldom complete the "Occupation" line in their profile with any degree of accuracy -- including you...
            Well, if my jobs had anything to do with a "career" it might be in there. As it is, my jobs are what I'm doing while trying to make something better happen.

And all that stuff duke said
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working is just a stop gap measure before retirement.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
              X