Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Things.

does anybody know where i can get a civ 2
    scenario (not ToT) named rise of (the great) kesh.

and the other thing
    do the tribe you choose affect on the techs you
    receive in the start of the game?
    (when i play greeks i usually get bronze working,
    with egyptians i usually get masonry, with mongols i usually get horseback riding and so on .....)
    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

1. Sorry, no idea.

2. No, starting techs are dictated by your starting position on the map relative to the location of other Civs, the size of your land mass, and its terrain. If you have another Civ right next door, you'll get a heap of starting techs. If you start on a small-ish island, you should also get starting techs. If your terrain is crap, the same.

------------------
    Founder, ACS Pedantry Institute
    Founder, ACS Gourmet Recipe Exchange
    Horse & Hydey Wrangler
    Trust Peter Noone? Why?
    Mono Rules!
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

1. try the database and archive section of Civ2 here at apolyton.

2. no idea
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

The tribe you choose does influence your starting techs. We are going to post on this topic in the near future.
        ---------
        SG (2)
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Gits on 10-14-2000 04:43 AM
          The tribe you choose does influence your starting techs. We are going to post on this topic in the near future.
          ---------
          SG (2)

This should be worth waiting for. Could be a Nobel Prize in it for you.

------------------
          Horse & Hydey Wrangler
          Trust Peter Noone? Why?
          Mono Rules!
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

In fact - if I hadn't been finagling with my lady last night (rather than doing some serious drinkin' an' civin') we would already be Nobel Laureates - or at least SG2 would be - he's done all the work!!

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
            "The Great Library must be built!"

Comment

Enough with the teasing, SG1, get on with it! Spit out these earth-shattering discoveries!

------------------
              Horse & Hydey Wrangler
              Trust Peter Noone? Why?
              Mono Rules!

Comment

Hey finnie! - I've started writing it up. But I have to be careful - there are Pedants lurking everywhere in the outback!
                ------------
                SG (2)

Comment

Andemagne... I've downloaded it too, but actually
                  a) I don't remember where I downloaded it from and
                  b) I'm sure I made a copy of it but i don't remember where i placed it ( CD ? Disk ? ). I need some more time to search for it. Stay tuned...

SG: 1,2,3... How many persons are in that single login? A more adequate nickname for you could be "The Legion"...
                  [This message has been edited by Prometeus (edited October 14, 2000).]
                  "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                  "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                  "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

pretty sure it was in apolyton archives or database.

if not check the civ2.com site. I know i've seen it somewhere

Comment

No, it wasn't in apolyton archives... i've checked it right now and find it nowhere here...
                      "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                      "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                      "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

If true, it will be an interesting dynamic in the choosing of a civ. Granted, most of us restart games to eliminate starting techs, but it could be an intriguing aspect of a game where players want to keep a more historically accurate context.

A list of civs with the assumed appropriate tech would be enlightening.

------------------
                        Proud participant in GameLeague...

Proud Warrior of the O.W.L. Alliance...
                        Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                        Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                        Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

theres a scenario called the fall of the great kesh here

click link to d/l it

its in the archives in the greek part under scenarios a to z
                          [This message has been edited by ColdWizard (edited October 14, 2000).]

Comment

i downloaded the zip-file and tried to unzip it,
                            but my winzip said that "unable to open file" or
                            something. so i could not make the scenario work.
                            still seeking.....

------------------
                            "Victrix Fortunae Virtus"
                            My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

ok then, try this

Comment

Working...
                              X