Playing MGE without the CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All useless extras.
    And the music started to drive me crazy. (until I turned it off)
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah. The day I shut down the music, Civ became much more enjoyable.

Soon after, I reached that point with the advisors, too...
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
        Yeah. The day I shut down the music, Civ became much more enjoyable.

Soon after, I reached that point with the advisors, too...
        I'm rediscovering the music - my last PC made awful sounds when I tried to enable the in-game music, so it was turned off for a while.

The ToT music is actually pretty spooky
        "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Yes, the music is akin to nails scratching a chalk board. and the "animated heralds" were amusing for a while, but now just annoying. the throne room too is useless.
          Wizards sixth rule:
          "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
          Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Yeah, anything non-essential can only annoy -- and some "features," running in the background, slow down the game, especially on older comps.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

The worst was, even when I shut off the music, it would play while the game was starting up then stop when the opening screen popped in 4000 B.C. When you're playing MP and waiting for all the players to join and the number of restarts, it was still enough to irritate me.

That has now stopped. I don't know why, but I don't care as long as I don't have to listen to it.

All the other features were shut off after the first couple of games. The wonder movies lasted the longest since I liked them.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Oh - I still play with the Wonder Movies - it only takes a click to stop them if they interfere, but that tinkling sound that says, "You've won!" - again is so satisfying ...

"Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Working...
                X