No announcement yet.

The AI bribed my capitol city!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't think a palace could be sabatoged. But I have a lack of experience in these situations.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I saw a spy and a howitzer land. The howitzer fired twice, damaging my MI's, then the spy bribed the city. It turned to the vikings, not just a random palace sabotage.

Comment

Are you sure the spy did not capture the city. Sometimes it happens real quick, expecially where howi's are concerned.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Spies cannot capture cities, unless the PC version of Civ II is radically different from the Mac version. Settlers and engineers, however, *can* capture cities. Caravans/freights *cannot* capture cities.
          "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by geofelt
            I saw a spy and a howitzer land. The howitzer fired twice, damaging my MI's
            If it fired twice, it would have to have destroyed one of the MIs, if not both.
            "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
            "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

I had LOTS of units in the city... It was bribed for sure.
              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
              Middle East!

Comment

The message was "citizens of rome revolt" or something like that. I bribed the city back next turn, and saw two MI's with damage in the yellow. I think this is a bug, although my palace is not often in a place where a spy can get to it while a spaceship is in flight.

Comment

I think it's a *rare* AI cheat ability at the Emperor and above levels, personally.
                  "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

Comment

Possible but I would have thought someone else would have encountered it and mentioned it. My money is on a bug until we have further information.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper
                      I think it's a *rare* AI cheat ability at the Emperor and above levels, personally.
                      My guess as well
                      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                      Middle East!

Comment

I am surprised. Over all the years here, this is the first time that someone has mentioned this. Especially after years of OCC.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Even if the phenomenon existed I would think the cap was exempt in OCC.

Comment

Well, I've mentioned it once or twice before, rah, but I suppose everyone just thought it was a Mac-centric issue. Well, HAH! You were all wrong! NYAH-NYAH!

Gatekeeper

Comment

i do believe i remember you stating this...i chalked it up to nonsense before tho
                              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Gatekeeper ... I don't doubt you But I wll believe you when you post a save we can all inspect

------------------

SG(2)
                                "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                                "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Working...
                                X