Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Barren 'Burbs" Succession Game

The Barren Suburbs Succession Game

As <strike>threate</strike> promised, I've started another succession game, any and all are invited to join, up to about 10-12.

Settings: Deity, raging, MGE, gigamap.

Rules: Only one special rule. You may not build Settlers or Engineers. You may bribe them from the AI or acquire them from huts... but they may not be built for any reason! No timelimits to play... but please try to post your intention to play within 72 hours of the last person, or you may be skipped

We may win by conquest only (sorry, OCCers). We may NOT lose (I guess there is a second rule, after all ).

Otherwise, all the normal non-cheat exploits are permitted (e.g. blackclicking, hutfinding, shipchaining, Xinning, and excessive use of Spies are all allowed, but Caravan/Freight rehoming is not).

As I had to try a couple of restarts and check the map before finding a 'suitable' start position, I have uploaded the 4000 BC save, and I myself will play after a few others have had a turn.

We start with Alphabet. Good luck.

1. atomant
    2. Jrabbit
    3. OldnSlow
    5. STYOM
    6. Bob_Smurf42
    7. SCG
    Attached Files
    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Oh yes, play 20 turns (or less if you prefer), for now.

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

put me down.....
      "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
      "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

do you want me to down load the save and play?

Comment

You're up, atomant... go ahead.

In the test game I played, it seemed that playing this like an OCC for a while would be a good approach... but then, there might be better strats out there, more suited to the map size.

Comment

I would suggest extremely aggressive exploring.Get those nomads and advancers.
            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

OK, sounds good. I'm in.

(Sounds tougher to screw up with a nice, basic ruleset like this... )
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Slot me on the end of the list; I'll hav emore time in couple weeks.
                April City Planner in the 3rd Civ2 Democracy Game
                Read Sluggy Freelance! Watch Homestar Runner! Papa Smurf is a Communist!

Comment

Jrabbit and Bob_Smurf, you're in

Smash... are you a observer, or do you want in?

Yes, I figured a lot of NON units would be helpful... of course, until we found a city, nomads will be pretty unlikely. And once we found a city, barbs are an option.

Comment

Assuming the other games do in fact wrap up with just one more turn playing, I may be able to squeeze in time for this one. tenitively stick me in on the end of the list
                    Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Originally posted by SCG
                      Assuming the other games do in fact wrap up with just one more turn playing, I may be able to squeeze in time for this one. tenitively stick me in on the end of the list
                      Done

Comment

OK, 20 turns. Short term goals writing, Monarchy and Mono....

Comment

Barren Burbs Blatantly Boring Birth

BC 4000: two none settlers, hut in vicinity. Choose to explore for three turns before founding city(s)…

BC 3950 Pop hut, get none chariot. Muhahahahahaha….. move chariot to explore, look for likely city sites.

BC3900 More exploring.

BC3850 Exploring

BC 3800 Exploring

BC 3750 See immediately above

BC 3700 Found first city of Boring Bastard with two specials in vacinty…. Other none settle continues to find suitable site, none chariot explores…

BC3650 Please refer BC 3750

3600 BB builds warrior, continues to build second warriors.. Warrior goes a wondering

BC 3550 Please refer BC 3750

BC5500 Ditto immediately above.

BC 3450 Chariot finds hut on polar ice pack, poping reveals a measley 25 pieces of gold…. Third warrior

BC 3400 Explores, thinks, perhaps the next leader should consider researching Chainsaws so we can chop down these freaking trees.

BC 3350 Explores. Buys axe. Hates trees.

BC 3300 More evil trees.

BC 3250 Thinks has anyone got a chip monk or beaver…..

BC3200 Explores some more.

BC3150 Build second city of Freaky Finds, did consider building to make a canal, but is to close to Boring Bastard. Tech choices pop up, pick Ceremonial Burial, could have picked virtually any other tech…..

BC 3100 Exploring warrior finds hut. Pops to reveal another tribe of friendly mercenaries (chariot) supported from BB, which means BB is supporting four units with three gold, and one more Warrior in construction.

BC3050 Explores and stops play for next victim.

I expect a merciless analysis of actions from the Rabbit and all and sundry.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Quasi OCC? OK, I’m in
                            Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                              OK, sounds good. I'm in.

(Sounds tougher to screw up with a nice, basic ruleset like this... )
                              I don't know about that, i think i stuffed up the start nicely....

Comment

Working...
                              X