No announcement yet.

Election discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unless I've misread the election thread, voting is over. One Israel garnered 8 votes, Harmony 1 vote, and Imperial 2 votes.

So shouldn't One Israel get 4 seats and Imperial 1 seat?

Comment

The President is also the leader of the Harmony party and required to tabulate the votes (public and private messaged), while he didn't post in the thread, I assume we count his vote (which I hope is for Harmony), giving us two votes (same as Imperial Israel).
      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

according to the rules of secret voting, Stefan must have posted in the election thread saying he had voted. He has not done this.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess he has not sent a private message to any party telling who he would vote for. But any possible PM is pointless because he didn't post.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
          The President is also the leader of the Harmony party and required to tabulate the votes (public and private messaged), while he didn't post in the thread, I assume we count his vote (which I hope is for Harmony), giving us two votes (same as Imperial Israel).
          hi ,

yes but it would be unfair , .... what about the other people who are members and have not voted , .... there was plenty of time to vote , ....

have a nice day
          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by panag

hi ,

yes but it would be unfair , .... what about the other people who are members and have not voted , .... there was plenty of time to vote , ....

have a nice day
            I agree.
            "[A thoughtful Quote]" -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Unfortunately, I must agree, since Stefan did not vote. I also did not receive any PM's for private votes.

This means the breakdown is

8/11 = 72%
              2/11 = 18%
              1/11 = 9%

One Israel obviously get's three seats.
              Imperial Israel, with 18%, is only 2% away from 20%, so I think they would get one seat.
              As for the last seat, One Israel is 8% away from 80% for another seat(which would give four seats), while Harmony is 11% away. Therefore, I think One Israel, based on the election math, would pick up the fourth seat for a 4-1-0 breakdown.

If anyone disputes my math, please let me know, I am not at all adamant about getting that 4th seat for One Israel, since three is enough to run any government we so desire.
              David Disraeli
              Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

I think Pinkygens maths is good (in this situation )

Comment

It appears the Warmongers will stop at nothing to keep the Peaceniks quiet.

While I cannot dispute any of your logic, in the interests of keeping the game interesting for all involved, I would have liked to see the contrary opinion (that Stephan's vote would have been allowed). However, I respect the decision not to count his absentee ballot.

Despite this, I will continue to voice an opinion in favour of Peace without Party representation in the Government , and hope that enough of our soldiers (children) remain alive when the war ends for our country (whatever that country looks like) to prosper for many years to come. Perhaps at that time the Masters of War (see nOne Israel and wImperial Israel) will have realized the error of their ways and can face the Creator without fear of redemption when their time should come.
                  "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I dont get those hippies..

its true that I would be interesting one seat for the harmony.. better luck next time

Comment

Originally posted by PinkyGen
                      Unfortunately, I must agree, since Stefan did not vote. I also did not receive any PM's for private votes.

This means the breakdown is

8/11 = 72%
                      2/11 = 18%
                      1/11 = 9%

One Israel obviously get's three seats.
                      Imperial Israel, with 18%, is only 2% away from 20%, so I think they would get one seat.
                      As for the last seat, One Israel is 8% away from 80% for another seat(which would give four seats), while Harmony is 11% away. Therefore, I think One Israel, based on the election math, would pick up the fourth seat for a 4-1-0 breakdown.

If anyone disputes my math, please let me know, I am not at all adamant about getting that 4th seat for One Israel, since three is enough to run any government we so desire.
                      I dont know what to do about this. Stefan was just around a few weeks ago.

I thought there was something somewhere that said you had to have at least two votes? Or is that rumor?

Give me a couple of days to catch up and get over jet lag.

I say for now we give a seat to harmony, b ut in the future we should probably do something where you need at least two or three votes to have a party. We can discuss and poll it.
                      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
                        I dont know what to do about this. Stefan was just around a few weeks ago.
                        Actually if you scroll up the page about 10 posts you will see that he was around 3 days ago and posted his detailed analysis of this topic in his post.

It seems our President has forgotten the minor detail of VOTING in the election, but can anyone fault him for forgetting this amongst his many duties as President?

Comment

Hmmm

Well I would exactly call that a detailed analysis

Sorry I have been overseas (just got back) and did not see it.

Since you are his party, please get ahold of him and let him know its election time.
                          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I have no desire to deny Harmony a seat, so if the fellow citizens believe they "deserve" one, so be it.
                            David Disraeli
                            Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
                              However, I respect the decision not to count his absentee ballot.
                              there was no absentee ballot, he was simply absent.

Comment

Originally posted by PinkyGen
                                I have no desire to deny Harmony a seat, so if the fellow citizens believe they "deserve" one, so be it.
                                If One Israel doesn't want to/can't fill the seat, they could graciously give Harmony the seat as a gesture of dialogue

Comment

Working...
                                X