Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civ2 Democracy Game- Exodus - Anyone Interested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't remember Exodus being challenging, though I did not play it on deity. I'll be on two trips in August, but the first is just a maximum of a week, so count me in.
    David Disraeli
    Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

• Originally posted by Stefan Härtel
      Well... I would volunteer for the newspaper editor job. I was hoping there'd be something like that
      You can volunteer for a paper right now that has already has a high standard of excellence and devotion to propoganda, err, I mean the thruth. RFDG is looking for a new editor of PRAVDA.

Pinky: You need to send DanQ a pm telling him you are interested in playing

Comment

• Sorry, I haven't been keeping track of this thread for a while. Thanks, EmuGod for the heads up...

Could I join the Likud, but low on the list - as I would like to seek a front command... I'm an offensive manoevre warfare style fighter - and my idea would be to attack into the Arab heartlands in support of the efforts to conquer the West Bank and the Gaza Strip! We will have a much better position for negotiating with me in Damascus!

I'll write DanQ...
        No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution.
        - Niccolo Machiavelli
        LA GUERRA - The Colombian Civil War 1974-2002 IS OUT NOW!
        CLICK HERE FOR THE OFFICIAL DISCUSSION THREAD AND DOWNLOADS!

Comment

• Okay, there's no Likud party. Let's see... I believe conmcb represents some party of my liking. Can I join, conmcb? I would like to join, but not run for the Knesset - as I would like to apply for a front command.
          We need a decisive and quick victory in order to secure Israel in the future and scare the Arabs off for good!
          No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution.
          - Niccolo Machiavelli
          LA GUERRA - The Colombian Civil War 1974-2002 IS OUT NOW!
          CLICK HERE FOR THE OFFICIAL DISCUSSION THREAD AND DOWNLOADS!

Comment

• Just to add to the proposal posted by H Tower, the knesset should also include the Israeli President, who would be in charge of making sure that the other members of knesset are doing their jobs correctly and will manage the sub-forum when it is created.

The Chief of Staff of the Israeli Defence Forces could also be included. The Chief of Staff would be responsible for creating a general strategy for the war and would manage the airforce and navy. The chief of Staff would also coordinate efforts with the front leaders to make sure that the war is being fought effectively on all fronts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Insurgent
              Okay, there's no Likud party. Let's see... I believe conmcb represents some party of my liking. Can I join, conmcb? I would like to join, but not run for the Knesset - as I would like to apply for a front command.
              We need a decisive and quick victory in order to secure Israel in the future and scare the Arabs off for good!
              hi ,

did you had a good look around , .....

have a nice day
              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

• Re: Government proposal

Originally posted by H Tower
                It doesn't seem like anyone has come out with a complete government proposal yet, so allow me to be the first
                Thank you for voluntaring on that, H Tower

IDF
                Generals only command troops, no cities and no zion workers unless specially worked out with the Minister of Infrastructure and settlement

Northern Front - Golan Heights and Lebanon
                Judean Front - Haifa to Netanyah to Jerico to Tiberius
                Jerusalem\South East Front - West Jerusalem to Eilat (stretching along the border with Jordan)
                Gaza Front - Ashdod, Gevaram, Tekumah
                I like those fronts, but there should be some kind of cooperation 'cause, for instance, Tiberius could be considered part of the Norther Front instead of Judean Front. I suggest that the Prime Minister puls the front commander should start with your suggested fronts and do little changes when needed

KNESSET
                Minister of Immigration - In charge of bringing in immigrants from Cyprus and Saudi Arabia
                Prime Minister - Plays the end of turn, person in charge, appoints Generals
                Minister of Infrastructure and settlement - Controls city build queues, and zion workers.
                Minister of Economy and Science - Sets the science/tax/luxury rate approves all rushbuys. Manages the treasury
                I agree with that. However I have a minor suggestion: we can merge the minister of Immigration and Minister of Infraestructure in one single ministery if no enough people volunter to be part of goverment.

LESSER POSSIBLE OFFICES
                Daily Haifa - Newspaper editor charged with generating stories about the game
                The great Stefan will do that

Mossad - Efficiency experts, keeping track if cities are being optimally used?
                We maybe would get Mossad unit later on the game, so I think that he will be the one who moves the units. Until we get mossad unit, he can coordinate the spy efforts (you know, when we do a little trip in order to see where the foe units are)

Deputy Ministers - Fill in ministers that are absent, those on vacation, etc, etc.
                I think that we don't need deputy ministers. We can get replacements if needed, but this is only my opinion.

Admiral - Not neccesary IMO since the minister of immigration controls the transports and our small navy can be controlled by the generals who have ships along their front
                I agree. The fleet should be divide and assigned to the North or the Gaza front.

ORDER OF TURN PLAY

1st: Prime Minister
                2nd: Northern Front
                2nd: Judea Front
                2nd: Jerusalem Front
                2nd: Gaza Front
                2nd: Minister of Immigration
                2nd: Minister of Infrastructure and Settlement
                3rd: Minister of Economy and Science
                4th: Mossad (optional)
                5th: Prime Minister

All of the positions that are noted as 2nd are interchangeable, they can be played in any order. Order will be maintained through use of a turn thread, where ministers and generals are allowed to sign in and sign out the save. See the Red Front Demo Game for example.
                I like that order!

ATTAINMENT OF POSITIONS
                Prime Minister - Every 6 game months, an election will be held. Votes of no confidence can occur at any time. Simple majority rules in both cases.
                Direct election? Or should be elect the Knesset member and then they would elect the PM?

Generals - Chosen by the Prime Minister, serve at the Prime Minister's pleasure.
                Yes, of, course. The generals should be under the control of the prime minister.

Knesset offices - Selected by Rpime Minister. (I imagine that some back room dealing will go on between parties to chose a Prime Minister, here's where the reward to the other party comes in).
                Deputies - Selected by the office holder.
                Mossad - Selected by Prime Minister, serves at his pleasure.
                I agree with that.

MY COMMENTS ON MY PROPOSAL:
                -This may be a bit too ambitious for us, as of 12 hours ago, there were only 11 of us who had sent Dan a pm, and my plan calls for at least 8 positions.
                I hope more people will join when the forums opens..

-It's been a long time since I played this scenario, I may have completely butchered what a Front should be, in fact, they aren't really fronts since the enemy is all around us and between us, perhaps they should be called military districts instead...
                I believe that the fronts should be flexible, as stated above. In this game we need more coordination than eveer!

-This isn't a revolutionary style of government I've set up exactly, most of it I've ripped from the Red Front Demo Game with a few changes. For other styles of civ2 government, check out
                regular civ2 demo game
                Military branch of Red Front DG government
                Political side of Red Front DG government
                Don't worry! I like it a lot

-Oh yeah, if someone knows of a website that shows Israeli medals, we need to get someone working on adapting them for our game use, where we can award them to people who have distinguished themselves in our game. Check out the Red Front DG medals here

EDIT: we need to design a civgroup icon too
                Ask the israelian guys I believe that Siro has volunteer to do that
                Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

• Guys, PLEASE REMEMBER TO SEND DANQ a PM. If you can't use PM, send him a e-mail. Thank you for your help

BTW, I've been out the last week, that was the reason for me to not post here

Comment

• Do i have to do stuff that's into the game?
                    Can't i just vote in the elections and stuff lika that? ^^

Comment

• Yes, you can simply vote and give an opinion whenever you want. It is called 'citizienship': you're a member of the state but you are not in charge of anything

Comment

• I'm working out how the knesset can work so I'll post that soon. I think that we should call the fronts based upon the enemy civilizations begin fought. For exampl,e the Egyptian Front would be at Gaza and the Sinai Peninsula. The Jordanian Front would be all along the Jordanian frontier etc.

Comment

• Re: Re: Government proposal

Originally posted by yaroslav
                          Direct election? Or should be elect the Knesset member and then they would elect the PM?
                          Yes, I believe that we are going with the Knesset member elections way, not mine. EmuGod tried to explain it to me, took him 45 minutes and I'm still not sure how it's going work

Comment

• Originally posted by panag
                            hi ,

, why dont we hold a chat , .......

in lets say the civ2exo room , ......

have a nice day
                            I'll be idling in #civ2exo from now on. Or at least as much as possible since the server quits every other day or so

Comment

• Originally posted by H Tower

I'll be idling in #civ2exo from now on. Or at least as much as possible since the server quits every other day or so
                              hi ,

excellent , its up and running

now all we need is HT to show up , .....

where are you of too now HT , .....

have a nice day
                              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                              X