Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deepest Regrets

Mr. President, Honorable Cabinet Members, and Citizens of New Apolytonia -

It is with great apology that I must tell you that I cannot serve as the Imperial Expansion Minister during this term.

As I received my first sav file for this game, I was dismayed to realize that we were playing with the MGE version of the game - and that 2.42 won't open the files. I am abashed that I had not checked the version of the game earlier (unaware that it would make so much difference), since I should not have run for office without the ability to look at the game and make informed decisions about its content.

I had uninstalled my copy of MGE months ago and given away the disk. By the time I can get the disk and reinstall, it will be too late to help the current Cabinet and President.

I realize this puts a burden on the others of the Cabinet and for that I am truly sorry. I hope that I can find a way to continue to helpour civilization and its government, but without the game my ability to serve as a Cabinet Minister would be too greatly limited.

Earwicker

Sorry, Cavebear. I know this comes at a bad time with your already taking on too many roles at once.

there's a patch you can use that upgrades 2.42 to MGE. you can get it at CFC. try that first before you resign, please

Comment

Absolutely! I didn't know there was a patch (since I did have MGE). So I'll give this a try and report back.

Comment

yes...its at cfc under utlities i believe, either way, its not hard to find......
        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Rats!

Found the utility, loaded it onto my computer, unzipped it with great expectations, then got a blue screen crash.

Tried it again on my new laptop and there were missing DLL's (wing.dll, others IIRC). With my impending departure for the holidays I was unable to spend that much time getting the game to work.

Great apologies to the Civilization of New Apolytonia.
          Perhaps next year when I get my MGE disk back and can reload it directly, I will be able to better participate.

Earwicker

Comment

Working...
          X