Moderator Status for H Tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderator Status for H Tower

This is a poll to see if we, the Civ2 Democracy Game community, desire to petition the POWERS-THAT-BE to humbly request that our selfless and hard-working sort-of adminstrator H Tower be granted full Moderator status so as to improve our forum and correct our myriad little errors on his own.

I say "YES"! I will forward the results of the poll (if positive) to Ming the Glorious Master of Much and Whose Mere Sweat is Like Rose Water to the Unwashed.
    Yes
    27.27%
    No
    27.27%
    We are all Bananas in this Bunch
    45.45%

The poll is expired.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Voted no.

Nothing against H-tower who I think is doing an excelent job

I just believe that a mod should be someone who is not playing in the game.

And I would hate to see H-tower quit the demogame

Anyway, its up to Dan and Markos to decide on this, not us.

Comment

Originally posted by atawa
      Voted no.

Nothing against H-tower who I think is doing an excelent job
      thanks!

I just believe that a mod should be someone who is not playing in the game.

And I would hate to see H-tower quit the demogame
      i've been wondering what people would think about me running for office while still being a mod.

ok, in all the other games, the mod is temporary, and changes every month based on who is president, we're different because in october, cavebear said he didn't want to be mod, so i volunteered, and this month, well, i never brought up the fact that hydey could have claimed the job of being mod for himself as current president.

ok, the whole thing about not being able to do stuff, mainly changing polls, i'd have to be a full moderator with banning priveledges and all, unless Mark or Dan installed a hack to the board, at least that's what Ming told me. I don't really want banning privledges, i would be "tempted"

Comment

Re: Moderator Status for H Tower

Originally posted by cavebear
        This is a poll to see if we, the Civ2 Democracy Game community
        in case markos reads this, which he probably will, I had nothing to do with the starting of this poll

our selfless and hard-working sort-of adminstrator H Tower be granted full Moderator status so as to improve our forum and correct our myriad little errors on his own.
        I don't think anyone has ever heaped that much praise on me before.

I will forward the results of the poll (if positive) to Ming the Glorious Master of Much and Whose Mere Sweat is Like Rose Water to the Unwashed.
        actually you'd have to talk to MarkG or DanQ about making me a mod

Comment

Re: Re: Moderator Status for H Tower

Originally posted by H Tower
          actually you'd have to talk to MarkG or DanQ about making me a mod
          That is correct... I'm only a humble servant of the owners of this site. It is their decision to make.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I don't know, the pro- is we wouldn't have to bug Ming, the con- Corrution.
            Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Actually... that's what I'm here for. Now that "somebody" involved in the game will always have power to top and untop threads, I really don't have to a lot for you guys.
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

I hope I didn't confuse things by posting this poll. I just thought that since H Tower has mentioned several times the helpful things he could do if he *was* a Moderator, and since he has routinely shown both an interest and an ability for those sort of administrative and objective actions, that we should decide among ourselves if we wanted to at least *ask* if he could be made a Moderator. I tried to make sure my poll did bot sound like a demand of any sort.

1. I don't see this function as a duty of whoever is President each month. Some people who would be perfectly good Presidents might either not wish to also manage the site or might not be able to. I wouldn't want us to scare away candidates for the job of President.

2. I wasn't trying to take away Ming's job here or suggest any criticism. He does a wonderful job.

3. The poll was merely to ask if we should ask, so to speak.

Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
                  I wasn't trying to take away Ming's job here or suggest any criticism. He does a wonderful job.
                  Don't worry... even if the owners added more Mods, I'm not going anywhere unless they say so

However, it is their decision on whether more mods are needed, and who they will be. While you are welcome to have a poll, that's not how mods are selected
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

Relax. What part of "polling if we should even ask" was a demand? I know who is in charge. I presume we could at least vote to decide if we should *ask* if someone might be considered for the role of Moderator. I *know* we don't have a decision-right, I wasn't suggesting we do, and I don't have a problem with that.

OK? We cool?

Comment

...as if our opinions count...
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                        ...as if our opinions count...
                        While this game may be a Democracy...

Apolyton isn't
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

While this game may be a Democracy...

Apolyton isn't
                          I thank the gods for that.
                          The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Well, the Banana won the poll, so it is all a moot point anyway.

Comment

Working...
                            X