Location of Cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location of Cities

Please find below my summaries, maps to be attached for reference purposes.

Location One
    Advantage: Fish for fast population growth
    Disadvantge: One square tundra

Location Two
    Adv: Close jump off point to the Japs
    Dis: Dito. Not much arrable land

Location Three
    Adv: Divides Jap empire in half
    Dis: Will need to be settled with or hve defensive unit rush built

Location Four
    Adv: Pheasants/and fish
    Dis: Not really a strategic location. It is in the vacinity of nothng

Location Five
    Adv: Close to undiscovered portions of map. Has silk close by.
    No real disadvantages

Location Six:
    Adv. Whale and lots of land to farm

Location Seven
    Adv: Whales and fishies
    No real strategic significance

Location Eight
    Adv: We have Panama, why not the Suez? CLose to desert oil.
    Dis: CLose to desert

Location Nine
    Adv: Wheat and Whales, Close to China

Location Ten:
    Coal and Arrable land

Location Eleven
    Arrable land, provides western gateway to unexplored lands.

Top six locations win the right to be settled... or if you got other ideas lets here them...
    Location 1
    8.62%
    Location 2
    6.90%
    Location 3
    6.90%
    Location 4
    8.62%
    Location 5
    10.34%
    Location 6
    13.79%
    Location 7
    12.07%
    Location 8
    6.90%
    Location 9
    5.17%
    Location 10
    5.17%
    Location 11
    8.62%
    Your idea below...
    3.45%
    Anywhere with lots of bananas
    3.45%

The poll is expired.

"the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
    "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Proposed locations (global)
    Attached Files

Comment

Locations one and two
      Attached Files

Comment

Location Three
        Attached Files

Comment

Location four
          Attached Files

Comment

Locations five, six and seven
            Attached Files

Comment

Location eight
              Attached Files

Comment

Locations nine and ten
                Attached Files

Comment

Location eleven
                  Attached Files

Comment

Re: Location of Cities

Originally posted by atomant
                    Top six locations win the right to be settled... or if you got other ideas lets here them...
                    Unless Consol Hydey settles some first
                    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

These are all great places to build cities. (Happy SOMEONE listen to him when it came to this )
                      Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

DIsagree with location 3,8,9,& 10

Loc 3 becouse with caravels and eventually frigates or transports we are close enough to the japanese as is. We are not planning on invadeing thier land so a city there would jut couse some headaches IMO

Loc 8 I dissagree with for now, It will make a great site but it is too far flung right now, lets build cities westward and when we are close enough then build there. The AI seems to have stopped building new cities and is not really interested in this area so we shold not have any trouble.

9 and 10, too distant lets close some of the gap between leon and freeport first.
                        Wizards sixth rule:
                        "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                        Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

I have a suggestion for a site 12 next to your site eleven. the red is your suggested site eleven and the blue/white is my suggestion. There is no special but with the forrest, plains and shilded grass there is no shortage of production and it will have a great trade value with harbor and some roads/irrigation.
                          Attached Files
                          Wizards sixth rule:
                          "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                          Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

I particularly like location 3, you know by now I like to get in amongst our enemies (sorry, our "friends"!). Splitting the Japanese might well make them focus their energies there and we can build up good defences to soak it all up.

What about on the spur of land below location 9, smack in the middle of Buffalo, Wheat and Whales? That could be a big producer for us. Sure, there's Tundra around, but I count 5 good productive squares + the city square (it's only plains, but more than made up for by the specials) - that gives a hell of a kick start, then an engineer can mine one of the Hills.....
                            "It's not about whether you win or lose, it's about how many people you can slaugher playing the game...." - BruceTheStupid, 2400BC.

Comment

I like 8 for the additional pass-through it gives our ships; the others are OK but not unusually good.

I agree with the location a couple squares SSW of 9. Getting Buffalo, Wheat, and Whale would make a good city.

I think we should wait to find better locations for additional cities, otherwise. We have plenty of ships exploring, so some better ones should show up.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                              Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                              Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                              Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Working...
                              X