This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look I voted and for those who have asked:

Yes I live/work in Zim as an expat and will be here for the next few years.

Now under normal circumstances I check the site on a daily basis, but only checked once yesterday morning my time as I have the small issue of a board meeting to chair. That is aside from the job of generally trying to stay alive, sane and safe in a country that is steadily driving itself into oblivion. Additionally I have the added responsibility of keeping 27 people employed, with an average family size of five. As you can imagine, this can be almost stressful.

If someone wants me gone from office, let him/her step up to the plate and nominate him/herself for the job in the first place. I am more than willing to hand over the reins I am not going to be involved if selected individuals expect me to have this website open 24/7. Incidentally, I only received the save game file today, so it makes life extremely difficult, especially when trying to organise a discussion, let alone chart a way forward.

To answer one of the last emails:

1. H Tower votes (and keeps the result secret?).

Already voted

2. Alternate Prez-VP posts between each game session this month.

See comment on one above.

3. Randomly select a Citizen to cast deciding vote. (Fraught with perils imho)

Concur, but see response for one above...

4. Have the orignial 3rd candidate, ixnay 37, decide.

See one above

5. Cage match.

YEAH!!!!

6. Have H Tower fly to Africa, find atomant, and smack him around until he votes.

I am sure the guy with the gun guarding my gate would have something to say about that, and if you manage to get past him, the doberman, the great dane, a 12 guage up the arse should fix things. Anyway I voted

7. Other.

To summarise...... I VOTED.

Please excuse my humour I am trying to do a budget with an inflation rate of 43% per month.

SO no emoticons.
    "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
    "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
      5. Cage match.
      Dammit atomant - I wanted a Deathmatch or Hell in the Cell!!!!!!

/me demands a match anyway
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkness' Edge
        , atomant has reappeared and announced his support for Hydey.

Originally posted by Darkness' Edge I thank the people that voted for me their support, wish Hydey the best of luck in his term, and announce my retirement from C2DG politics.
        DE, you ran a fine campaign, and your contributions here have been strong and positive.

Won't you consider one last month, perhaps as comibination VP-Defense Minsiter?? Your retirement from public life would be a huge blow to the game.

The ppl need you! (Half of them even prefer you!! )
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Let me just post my public apology to atomant for any of comments I made that were insensitive and/or wrong.

Sorry, dude -- and welcome back.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Hmmm... I just realized that we're all making an assumption here.

Hydey is not the Prez until H Tower confirms it...

Comment

I note that H Tower did not say that atomant's vote would decide the election, just that it would be obvious who won when he could post the results. I'll wait for H Tower to make an announcement...

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
              Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
              Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
              Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

thank god that's over

Comment

Working...
                X