Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expansion 1160AD

Now that we have Mike's and are turning rep we can start expanding again

Below map is the known world, the yellow dots are our city's.
    In red are existing roads, in blue roads witch I think should be made a priority.

The 'pole' island needs to have a connecting roads as it has few city's and some other civ is bound to come south.
    Before Demo its not much use building much more city's on that island anyway becouse of corruption

In the bottleneck is a forrest square, if we build a city there we will have a good defensive position and an excelent port.
    This will also give us controll over most parts of the southern part of the world.

The ferryservice I drawn should have at least 1 tiremme at all times, this will make sure we can ship units and vans anywhere in our empire in a couple of turns

Another thing is I feel we should increase our presence on the islands between us and japs, if we build a city on the 3-whale island (we can only use 2 ) we have a port to launch our future raids and espionage missions against the japs from . And off course a small invasion force could quickly build a fort on the forrest on the mainland and virtually cut the japanese empire in 2

This is a multipoll, you have 3 days.
    Attached Files
    Build on the island.
    18.18%
    Dont build on the island
    0.00%
    Build on the bottleneck
    45.45%
    Dont build on the bottleneck
    0.00%
    Build somewhere else (+1 :D )
    0.00%
    Install the feryservice
    9.09%
    Dont install the feryservice
    0.00%
    :bounce::bounce: Banana :bounce::bounce:
    27.27%

The poll is expired.

Bottleneck

Attached Files

Comment

Island

Attached Files

Comment

Ferryservice

new smilie's btw
        Attached Files

Comment

I thought this was multi but it doesnt seem to work.

H-tower or Ming, can one of you sort this out please?

Comment

Yes to all
            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Yes to all,and if possble, DO SOME IN WITH THIS PART! The Japs cuuld come marching in, make a beach head, steal cities!!!
              Attached Files
              Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

I'd rather see a city at that "bottleneck" site. That we we could just sail right through it and cut a lot of time off trips around the northern land there.

Question: If you build a fortress, then a city on it, does that do any good? Does the fortress vanish, or do you get the benefits of it while in the city?

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

The mods can't fix polls, atawa. You have to repost if you want to get it right. The, you can ask H tower nicely, and maybe he'll close the bad one.

I love the bottleneck city idea.

Atawa is a freaking genius, i say!
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

like them all 3...especially the bottleneck

also the 2whale fort is nice (but lower priority)

Shade
                    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear

Question: If you build a fortress, then a city on it, does that do any good? Does the fortress vanish, or do you get the benefits of it while in the city?

No you lose the fortress but gain city defence bonus in place of it and can then build walls for added protection.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

All 3 options are winners imho. Priority -- claim the 2-whale island first, then build on the bottleneck.

Nice work, atawa.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Get that bottleneck, then go for Whale Island, if someone has already claimed it.... better!

Hydey, as usual, is the Master Strategist!
                          googol... this is a number!
                          "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
                          "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

Originally posted by Messer Niccolò
                            Hydey, as usual, is the Master Strategist!
                            Amazonian virgins pass on much knowledge to me

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by atawa
                              I thought this was multi but it doesnt seem to work.

H-tower or Ming, can one of you sort this out please?
                              i'd fix it, but Markos hasn't given me the power yet and its a tad late to fix it now anyways since so many people have voted. In the future it would be great if you pm'ed me when there's a problem with the poll so I can fix it asap. In the meen time, we'll just have to make do, and oh yeah, go beg markos for giving me the power in this thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=65263

Comment

Working...
                              X