Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should our caravan destinations be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should our caravan destinations be?

We are establishing trade routes with lucrative Chinese cities, and currently have several demanded goods en route to China and Japan. The other use for caravans, that of rushing WoWs, will become ever more important soon as we approach Monotheism and Mike's Chapel.

The Ministry's questions are:

1. What shall we put forward as a priority for our caravans?
    2. How many caravans do we need?

Poll One: Priorities
    1. All demanded goods to China, all non-demanded goods to near CAPITOL to prepare for a WoW.
    2. All caravans to CAPITOL until we have enough for a WoW, then any surplus demanded caravans to China for trade

Poll Two: How much should we rely on caravans?
    3. Build more caravans than we have been
    4. Build the same amount of caravans as previously
    5. Build less caravans

Yeah, that covers it.

Oh, three days.
    Poll One: Demanded caravans to trade first, then stockpile leftovers for a WoW
    31.58%
    Poll One: Caravans to stack up until we have enough for a WoW, then trade with extras
    15.79%
    Poll Two: Build more caravans
    26.32%
    Poll Two: Build the same amount of caravans
    15.79%
    Poll Two: Build fewer caravans
    0.00%
    I (banana) split my vote.
    10.53%

The poll is expired.

Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

In general, you want the trade routes first so that we get full cumulative effect in bonus arrows. If we're about to get a new tech, wait a turn to deliver so those arrows apply to the next tech researched.

Just time the camel builds so we have 4 of them ready in Capitol the same turn we become eligible for Mike's.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
      Just time the camel builds so we have 4 of them ready in Capitol the same turn we become eligible for Mike's.
      Mind having 8 ready?

Comment

Originally posted by atawa

Mind having 8 ready?
        I perfer haveing 8 carvans.
        Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Prepping 8 camels for the date of Mike's arrival is my preference. It is hoped that last couple will be completed/arrive in Capitol on a just-in-time basis.

I would only object to having 8 ready camels if they were to sit and do nothing for several turns while more caravans were being built for trade.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
          X