• Show
Clear All

• Forum Moderator / Chat Room Operator. READ

please see my posts in this thread

the same decisions apply to the C2DG
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

As I understand it the job involves topping threads and operating the chatroom on turnchats.

We dont have turnchat in this game nor do we have a lot of topped threads so its an easy job in this game

I would be intersted since I'm here every day anyways

But going travelling from Dec 10 to Feb 26 doesnt make me the best candidate I guess

I say let H-tower have the job if he's interested since he does an excelent job at the member signup allready

Comment

what do you have to do to be a chat room operator?

Comment

omg, someone actually reccommended me!

EDIT: after reading that thread, i have to wonder if we even need someone to fullfill that position for our game. the last thread topping that we needed was the sign up roster for our current game, and that was back in august. And we NEVER have chats scheduled for our game.

Just a thought, if we did have someone like that, maybe we would use the thread topping more, because we wouldn't have to go begging to ming if we wanted something done. whoever was in charge would do it automatically
        Last edited by H Tower; October 6, 2002, 14:43.

Comment

Since we don't do turnchats, having a chatroom operator wouldn't really be necessary. Having someone available to top threads would be convenient, though.

Comment

MarkG needs a labor-saving device for MING. He's our thread-topper.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

my record's not that shady, i would probably be acceptable, i'm willing if MarkG (and the people) want me

Comment

I hereby nominate H Tower as our Topping Chat Mod.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                  I hereby nominate H Tower as our Topping Chat Mod.
                  me too
                  Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

I second that nomination, but better, lets make a poll about it

Comment

we need a poll first, I nominate the banana,
                      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Your wish is my command oh former king Hydey

Expansion Minister makes damn sure we dont go near Hydey's island. ( I have to retire myself someday )

Comment

Markos: Based on what you said in the AC demo game and the civ3 forum, is Cavebear the official civ2 chat moderator and thread topper?

you may also want to read through this thread Mark:
                          http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=63947

Comment

That's an easy question to answer: "Nope, not interested, won't do it"
                            Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                            Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                            Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

well as cavebear is not interested in the job, the people must decide for someone else...
                              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                              X