changing to republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing to republic

We have now discovered the Republic, this is a poll asking when or if to change government over to republic.
    We can go into revolution prior to hitting enter on this turn and we will change next turn 700 AD, the next oedo years are 780,860,940,1020 , 1100,1180,1260,1340,1420 ,1500

Please vote for your recomendation and post comments below (+1)

we have 17 cities, 8 have temples and 4 more will be completed next turn .
    never, I hate republics
    12.50%
    700 AD :doitnow: revolt before ending current turn
    25.00%
    780 AD (4 more turns)
    12.50%
    860 AD (8 more turns)
    6.25%
    940 AD (12 more turns)
    0.00%
    1020 AD (16 more turns)
    0.00%
    1100 AD (20 more turns)
    0.00%
    1180 AD (24 more turns)
    0.00%
    1260 AD (28 more turns)
    0.00%
    1340 AD (32 more turns)
    0.00%
    1420 AD (36 more turns)
    0.00%
    1500 AD (40 more turns)
    0.00%
    bananarama I don't care
    43.75%

The poll is expired.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

I hate republic, I always wait unilt Demo.
    Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Production will slow down as happiness reigns. We'll need to complete our temples.

My thought is that we do this as soon as we have Mike's. Now, when might that be????
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'm not voting for any set length of time.

Like -Jrabbit, I think we should wait for Mike's, and also until we've built more temples before we go ahead with Republic.

Comment

we need to wait until the president feels that he has finished preparing the cities for switching to republic, i think that it should be a yes or no vote with the understanding that the pres switches when the country is ready

Comment

As I always say, we need at least more temples before switching. And the distance for Mike's is a relevant parameter.
            So, as the majority of the posts, I think I cannot vote on a year, but on the situation allowing revolution.
            JCP
            Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Lets give ourselves a challenge and revolt asap

Comment

We can't go Republic yet. At least 2 of our cities currently have more units than shields, and will go negative. A couple others will go zero. We need to improve production in some cities and complete our temples before revolting.
                Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Yes let's wait a little bit till all our temples are finished or we will face more or less chaos in our cities after this is secured let's head for Rep.
                  Dance to Trance

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
                    We can't go Republic yet. At least 2 of our cities currently have more units than shields, and will go negative. A couple others will go zero. We need to improve production in some cities and complete our temples before revolting.
                    perhaps I am the only person who retrains military units into trade caravans.
                    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey

perhaps I am the only person who retrains military units into trade caravans.
                      No, I change warriors into shields regularly. It's just one of those obvious things that need to be done when preparing for Republic, something I often do when I feel like playing a representative deity game. Which I do when I feel I need a challenge.
                      Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

losing ourself in a republic no thanks, rather go commi evolve and then go demo.

Republic=

Shade
                        ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                        shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

This shows that the people have already chosen representative government, and rejected communism. The question is just one of when.
                          "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
                          Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                          Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                          Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

I firmly believe that this Republicanism is thanks to the actions of the Apolyton Capitalist Party (ACP), who campaigned in the Old Apolytonia for Capitalist Republicanism (well, Democracy, but whos counting?) - even though we're about 15 million million years late.. we claim this as.. VICTORY!!!

However, the fact that more people voted for the banana option shows how the Communist right-wingers have corrupted the minds of our citizens!

Right guys? You agree with me, right? Yes? Right? Erm.. I'll start the car.

Roar!

Comment

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                              X