Dealing With Foreigners 460 Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing With Foreigners 460 Ad

We have contact with 2 civs -- the Japanese (monarchy, have embassy, at war) and the Carthaginians (despotism, possible embassy, hostile). How shall we deal with them?

NOTE: Hydey's post says we have a Carth embassy, but THIS GRAPHIC would suggest otherwise. We will assume King Hydey's nubile young assistant just captured the wrong graphic.
    (Punish her, Hydey!)

Multiple choice, 3-day poll.
    Make peace with the Japanese so we can demand tribute.
    11.43%
    Give gifts to Japanese until they are ready to trade maps.
    0.00%
    Stay at war with Japan so we can slowly bleed away their military units.
    11.43%
    If Carth embassy isn't done, get it done.
    22.86%
    ade techs with anyone who is willing to talk.
    14.29%
    Try to bribe a Carth city -- at least we'll learn their price!
    14.29%
    Try to form an alliance so we can freely trade.
    5.71%
    I have other brilliant ideas and want my +1. See below...
    5.71%
    Banana Diplomacy is the key. Eventually, we'll be a banana republic...
    14.29%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by -Jrabbit; September 23, 2002, 15:49.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

We have an embassy with the Carths because the Foreign Minister screen doesn't say "no embassy".
    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

I'd say bombard both of them with caravans and kill everything that hits the sea.

Let them kill each other and save us some work

Comment

OK here are my suggestions:

Let's take over the Carths as soon as possible so we could save them from oppressive Jap rule.

At the same time send caravans to the Japs so we will get rich and smart wohoo
        Dance to Trance

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.

Comment

Thanks, Ming

I just want to take a moment to publicly thank Ming for deleting the incorrect version of this poll after my PM request.

(+1)
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

i say make peace if we can get so our caravans can move throughout japanese held territory without much risk of being attacked. however, i'm not willing to give them a single penny for peace

Comment

Hydey waits for apology from the fool who said we don't have an embassy with the Carts.

I wonder how long you have played civ when you can't tell that we have an embassy or not
              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Why an apology Hydey?

Comment

If I accuse someone of being wrong and put up evidence to try and prove it but the evidence I put up actually proves that the person was correct all the time, then I always apologize.

But then I guess that is just how I taught to behave by my parents.
                  The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Look at his second post, he doesnt realise it...no harm done

Comment

Hey, I was in a hurry and made a mistake. Apparently we have an embassy but haven't had any discussions with the Carths (thus no "peace/war" status).

I do apologize for posting incorrect info, which reflects on my office.

but apologize to Hydey? For what??
                      (That will happen at about the same time His Majesty apologizes for calling me a fool.)

...and btw, have played for under a year and gladly admit to not knowing it all.

My final, dignified and mature comment to Hydey:

Comment

President Hydey was ill at the time of his comment and so was not his usual tactful self.
                        Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                        Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                        Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
                          President Hydey was ill at the time of his comment and so was not his usual tactful self.
                          WHAT !?!
                          I thank illness was a case of impeachment !
                          We need a control of the physical and psychic health of our leader during his function.
                          (No need any knife, a strait jacket would work !)
                          JCP
                          Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Working...
                          X