No announcement yet.

years 240 Ad - 460 AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see your point, atawa. Seems like a lot of settlers costing us growth and production if we're not intending to grow. We already have 15 or 16 cities anyway, so happiness is already an issue...

The big question is really: When can we expect Mike's? (and are there any remaining ancient wows we might still want?)
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

In my opinion, we need to prepare to become a Republic soon. And we are not prepared for it yet. First, we need to reduce our units, because they will need a shield of support each and many of our cities cannot support that many units.
      Second, we need to increase our shield production. It may be necessary to reduce our food and trade in favor of shields temporarily.

Third, we need to increase happiness factors in many cities. Temples would help. We only have 4 temples, yet we have 16 cities. Those other cities need temples even though it will cost gold to support them.

Ideally, we would arrange for the temples to be completed at the time we convert to Republican government. We should research Mysticism after getting Republic to get the 50% advantage for temples. That may be enough for us to survive the switch to Republic. We'll have to look at our situation after Mysticisn and Republic are ours.
      Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
        ......We should research Mysticism after getting Republic to get the 50% advantage for temples.....
        sorry, you got to get the orcle to get 50% happienns
        Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

We might aim for oracle and mike's, but this would mean game over....

Comment

Originally posted by 123john321
            But I've read somewhere that the research of mysticism would also grant a bonus on happy people.

Don't know if it's true.
            Dance to Trance

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.

Comment

Originally posted by 123john321

Oracle doubles the effect of your temples; mysticism, on its own, also increases the effect of temples. The Civilopedia does not specific the amount, but I am sure I'm seen it listed as 50% in discussion from people who gametest such things.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
              Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
              Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
              Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

well I never nodise
                Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Working...
                X