No announcement yet.

Real Science Minister's Report 975 B.C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Science Minister's Report 975 B.C.

-currency:allows construction with masonry, trade, (marketplace)
    -masonry: allows construction with currency, mathamatics (palace, pyramids, great wall, city walls)
    -Monarchy: allows feudalism with warrior code, MONARCHY GOVERNMENT
    -mysticism: allows astronomy with mathematics, philosophy with literacy (oracle)
    -polytheism: allows monotheism with literacy, (elephants)
    -pottery: allows seafaring, (granary, hanging gardens
    -warrior code: allows feudalism with monarchy, iron working, (archers)
    -the wheel: allows engineering with construction
    writing: allows literacy, (library, diplomats)

This Minister's Opinion

IMO, Monarchy needs to come first, i'd be very suprised if many people disagreed with that, especially since we've been working towards that goal for quite some time. Even the Computer thinks we should research Monarchy!

After Monarchy, i think we could go in several ways:
    Trade Route: Currency->Trade for which we would receive the right to build caravans

Warrior Code: After getting this tech, we can build archerswhich can be useful in defending against barbarians and we can research iron working, which gives us Legions, which have a powerful attack of 4 and respectable defense of 2. I would reccommend these two techs if we share a land mass with another civ which would take up our land.

Masonry: allows several wonders, Pyramids seem like a waste to me, since we need or cities producing settlers, however pyramids would help our cities grow faster because they act as a granary for every city. The Great Wall would be beneficial if we came up against a more powerful civ, but we haven't met anyone yet, . We don't need to build a palace, and IMO, we have better things to build in our cities than city walls right now. The techs it opens up to us, construction and mathematics aren't useful to us right now.

Mysticism: would be useful if we need a happiness wonder(oracle) and is also a prereq for philosophy if we choose to try and be the first to discover it.

Polytheism: gives us the fast elephant unit which we could use to take enemy cities, if we knew where they were.

Pottery: gives us a happiness wonder(Hanging gardens) and lets us build granaries pottery is also an early prereq for Navigation if we ever want to build caravels

The wheel lets us build chariots wich i never really use and research engineering if we also have construction. I would get construction before researching the wheel, and we can always trade for it if we bump into other civs, its not a high priority.

Writing: Allows literacy, diplomats, and libraries. With diplos, we could make ebassies with other civs, sabotage production, steal techs and generally make a nuisance of ourselves, of course we need to meet these other people first.

After examining the options i think that we need currency, trade and writing and either mysticism or pottery for happiness wonders.

Hey, writing, currency and trade would help inflate my ministry and make me important wouldn't it?

This is a multiple pick poll, please choose 3 options. you have three days to vote. Please only choose a maximum of 3!
    [b]MONARCHY[/b] :b:
    38.24%
    currency
    0.00%
    currency->trade
    20.59%
    mysticism
    2.94%
    masonry
    2.94%
    polytheism
    0.00%
    pottery
    5.88%
    warrior code
    2.94%
    the wheel
    0.00%
    writing
    23.53%
    banana
    2.94%

The poll is expired.

I've voted so we can play on now
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I voted so NOW we can go further...
      googol... this is a number!
      "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
      "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

Who the heck is voting for these non-Monarchy techs?

MYSTICISM????????
        Last edited by -Jrabbit; August 26, 2002, 09:54.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
          I've voted so we can play on now
          hey hey ,give us poor citizens also a chance to vote(although the choice is obvious )

Shade
          ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
          "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
          shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

I LOVE MYSTICISM! WOOHOO!!! GIMME PHILOSOPHY!
            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
            Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
            Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
            Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
              Who the heck is voting for these non-Monarchy techs?

MYSTICISM????????

i'm the one who didn't vote for monarchy

Comment

Originally posted by CannonFodder
                I LOVE MYSTICISM! WOOHOO!!! GIMME PHILOSOPHY!
                Before Monarchy? :hm: Oh well, to each his own.

But at 24 turns/tech at 975 BC, our chances of being first to Philosophy at vanishingly slim.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                X