Expansions ministers report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expansions ministers report

As it looks now we are on a small island on the south pole.
    We have 2 islands showing in the north.

I suggest we send the warrior south of melfort west and the horse east on the pole after the coastline of our island is discovered.

For further expansion we need mapmaking but as our techrate is somewhat we might want to wait untill after monarchy.

Our next city should be near the fur and fish, 7 steps from our capitol this city wont have high corruption and its easily linked to our capitol by road.

Our 2 city's after that should be harbourcity's giving us a way to explore the islands after mapmaking.

A city with buffalo/wheat and whale and another one north of Seville using the wheat.
    I agree.
    70.00%
    Sounds good but... Please write below
    30.00%
    Banana
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Forgot the map

Map:
    Attached Files

Comment

as the current science minister, I believe that monarchy is more important right now than mapmaking, we've got plenty of land to build cities in right now.

ARGH!!!! they're closing the computer lab right now!

Comment

sounds good...2 harbor cities will be a nice addition.

Shade
        ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
        shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Even the Prime Foreign Minister agrees that Monarchy must come first. (By then, we may have discovered an isthmus connection to more land...)

atawa, are you suggesting that we move our horsie at 1x along the pole??? Seems like a job for a warrior.

The horse should be out there uncovering land at 2x. And if we run out of land, he can be our attack dog vs barbs and chaser of barb kings until we have a boat for him.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I prefer the horse, if we find another island along the pole we have 2x exploration and 2x attack

We wont have boats untill after monarchy.

Comment

How do you know we are on a small island, all the land has not been discovered, there may be connections to a huge continent just along the coast.

I can only go by the maps released to the general public , if there are other maps showing we are on an island can they please be posted or are you just guessing ?
              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
                How do you know we are on a small island, all the land has not been discovered, there may be connections to a huge continent just along the coast.

I can only go by the maps released to the general public , if there are other maps showing we are on an island can they please be posted or are you just guessing ?
                It looks like the type of island I always start when playing persians.

And by looking at our continent number it is not one of the greatest

But yeah, there could be another island just of the pole.
                If we have a horse better send it.

Comment

Strongly disagree. The horse can quickly uncover the limits of our home island, and can contribute mightily to early-game defense against barbs.

Warriors will move same rate as the horse along the pole, and is much more expendable should we encounter a barb hut. Even if we find another landmass, there's no guarantee there will be much plains or grassland for horse movement.

Keep the Horsie at home!!!!
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                    The horse can quickly uncover the limits of our home island, and can contribute mightily to early-game defense against barbs.

Warriors will move same rate as the horse along the pole

Keep the Horsie at home!!!!
                    Agree with -JRabbit.
                    1) Horse or warrior around the pole is the same, let's make Admunsen Trip! (to pop or not to pop huts until Monarchy?)
                    2) Horse is more valuable as Antibarb unit than the warrior. And will help to catch the money... err. the barb king...
                    3) Of course in case of a land mass linked to the pole horse is a better exploration unit BUT, first we need to find a linked land mass.

I vote for PoletripWarrior and "settled" horse.
                    googol... this is a number!
                    "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
                    "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

Originally posted by atawa

And by looking at our continent number it is not one of the greatest
                      well if someone with the save could have said that earlier I wouldn't have to ask.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

We are on island 31, north are islands 33, little rock and 25, a bit bigger.

Oh and playing 2x usualy made me forget that horsies are useless on the pole in 1x movement

But in that case we should discover it with 2 warriors.

Comment

what are you talking about? island number?

Comment

each land mass has its own number, No.1 been the largest. it would seem that we have at least 33 landmasses on this large continental world

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

123john -- Did you spec a "continental" world map?

Comment

Working...
                              X