Capital or Capitol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capital or Capitol?

OK, we had a clear-cut winner. Now we need to fine-tune it.

CAPITOL
    1. The ancient temple of Jupiter on the Capitoline Hill in Rome.
    2. The building in which a legislature assembles.

CAPITAL
    1. A town or city that is the official seat of goverment.
    2. Wealth in the form of money or property.

In school, I was taught: Capitol building in capital city.

IMHO, either is a big imprivement. So what will it be?
    A. The Temple of Jupiter (Capitol)
    B. Money and Property (Capital)
    CAPITOL
    21.43%
    CAPITAL
    28.57%
    This poll is a waste of good bananazzzz.
    50.00%

The poll is expired.

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

go ancient --> Capitol...
    *starts dreaming*
    ....highpriesteses... human sacrifieces(preferably personal and other enemies)...

Shade
    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Forgot to mention -- 3-day poll, ends 8:03 am Chicago time on Thursday 22 August.

Come visit Chicago -- the new Greenwich!!
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

visit chicago, not a bad idea... i need a break from school and it hasn't even started yet

what about the funny accent marks? or could the current pres change at his discretion until the next pres comes along?

Comment

We voted on this allready, Capitol won it from Bananarama

If there is a re-poll I demand Bananarama as one of the options

Comment

Yes, there was a poll. Yes, Capitol won.

THIS poll is to settle the Subsequent Topic of the correct spelling of the word.

(Actually, I'm just trying to keep some light-hearted fun on this forum during the attempted lynching. )

Comment

Capital was not an option in the first poll, the people voted for Capitol and that is what it should be.
              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

come in -Jrabbit I think you'll be safe here for the angry mob

Shade
                ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

I think the spelling should be left to the president's discretion. Although it would be interesting if each president renamed it and spelled it differently...

Comment

Speaking as a neutral nonvoting passerby, I was taught in school that states had capital cities and nations had capitol cities.

Comment

Originally posted by kring
                      Speaking as a neutral nonvoting passerby, I was taught in school that states had capital cities and nations had capitol cities.
                      Nice school system you've got there, kring...

atawa & Hydey -- Your point is a good one. Capitol was the winning option. ...and I believe that if the banana option wins, we must disregard the other poll results. And the banana option is winning!!!

H Tower -- Did I ever tell you that you're a troublemaker? ...and that's a good thing! (btw, if you visit Chicago, let me know.)

Shade -- While you look nice and cozy in there,
                      I think I'll just stay out here and take my beating like a man. Besides, the mob doesn't look... that... angry...

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                        H Tower -- Did I ever tell you that you're a troublemaker? ...and that's a good thing! (btw, if you visit Chicago, let me know.)
                        I might run for president based soley on the fact that I would add funny accent marks to all the city names

Comment

Very cool to see the banana option winning...

Comment

HMMMM... Bananas = 7. Capitol = 3. Capital = 4.

I interpret this to mean that the ppl think we should ignore this poll, which means that the winner of the "Rename Melfort" poll is the winner.

Thus, our capital city shall be renamed as... CAPITOL.

The ppl have spoken!

Comment

I would agree with your interpretation -Jrabbit
                              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Working...
                              X