City name thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City name thread

Many citizens are complaining about the name of our capitol(melfort). So please help our president and put here your citynames.
    TEIC

I say that the president should be able to decide the name of the 1st city, and after that the ministers should each have a city named after their choice. My personal choice for a city name would have to be "Hombre", which actually has a double meaning.

Comment

If you pronounce Melfort in French it doesnt sound that bad actualy, sounds like old Peter Sellers films

I second ixnay37's idea btw, :d

Dunno about a name yet though

Comment

I suggest a poll on the name of our capital, then the presidents choice for all others, as in the original game.

Comment

I agree with ixnay37 and atawa for the first name.
          For the other cities, we may suggest names for less ... anecdotic or exotic President decisions
          JCP
          Paris, FRANCE

Comment

ixnay - wouldn't Townsville be a more appropopriate name for you?

It would have to have very little crime, of course.
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I think the capital should be named appropriate to the group nature of our game, and thus should be a group decision. I listed a few ideas in another thread...

Melfort is fine for a 2nd city. Ministers and citizens can suggest future city names at will, to be incorporated at the will -- or whim -- of the current President.

My suggestion -- based on our goal of going to AC under Democracy -- is NASA.

Let collect some more ideas and poll at end of week. Let the will of the ppl prevail!
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

The president may express his arrogance and power by naming the cities as he wants! At least the capitol, anyway - he was chosen as leader, after all.

Later presidents may, of course, change names at their whim.

As for naming cities after ministers: What if we settle 5 cities, and six ministers want cities named after them? Somebody will get upset. I say leave it to the president. If the name sucks, it won't stick for long.
                The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                intelligence to few.

Comment

So says the first President of the first Democracy Game. Little wonder.

I care little about city names in general -- except for the capital. Let the arrogance begin AFTER that.

This is the DEMOCRACY game, isn't it? Let the PPL speak!
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I agree that our capitol must have a good name.
                    I dont like it if every president changes all the citynames it gets confusing.
                    TEIC

Comment

My thoughts

Melfort is a fine name, as long asx the capitols name doesnt change 10 times

Although I think a unifying name such as Apolyton or the like would be apropriate, maybe melfort could be our SSC
                      Wizards sixth rule:
                      "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                      Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Originally posted by Zedd
                        maybe melfort could be our SSC
                        Super Sewerage City , do we need one?
                        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Some other suggestions-
                          Xanadu, Atalantis, Atlantis, Atlanta
                          Necropolis
                          -->Visit CGN!
                          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Since our leader is in Canada, how about Saskapolyton? Personally, I like HQ or Grand Apolytonia.
                            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
                            Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                            Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                            Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

What about calling the capital: Here it is.
                              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Working...
                              X