Historian: What shall we do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historian: What shall we do?

We have no one running for the position of historian, what shall we do about it?

3 days, ends sunday
    Have no historian
    0.00%
    Wait for someone to volunteer
    55.56%
    Pick someone to do it, even if they don't really want to
    16.67%
    Other
    22.22%
    Let the bananas be historian!
    5.56%

The poll is expired.

I vote we beg cavebear to do it, he is obviously the best man for the job.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
      I vote we beg cavebear to do it, he is obviously the best man for the job.
      I second that.
      We can not force it upon someone...so the only thing we can do is hope(and beg)

Shade
      ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
      shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Yes, Cavebear would make a good Historian

Comment

Cavebear for historian!
          Play the Demo Games!!
          Running for Foreign Minister in the 3rd Civ2 Single Human Play game!!
          Vote for the experience, Vote for me!!

Comment

The masses are talking great cavebear, please listen
            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

cavebear volunteered as long as it didn't count against consecuitive terms in office, i say we give the outgoing president what he wants.

Comment

I have read the comments here, of course. I just thought maybe I should wait to respond until the poll was completed.

But perhaps not. The comments seem to be rather definate. I would really like to be your Historian; I just didn't want to cause a lot of arguing about the election cycles and all that stuff. If I may be Historian, private citizen, then I would like to do that very much as long as it won't cause dissension.

I will begin to document the remaining history of our World as soon as my duties as President are over and -Jrabbit has completed his contributions (and wonderful they have been!).

Thank you, all...
                Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

So what now, cavebear is the Historian? If he is, GO CAVEBEARV GO!
                  Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
                    I will begin to document the remaining history of our World as soon as my duties as President are over and -Jrabbit has completed his contributions (and wonderful they have been!).

Thank you, all...
                    You could ask -Jrabbit for the "history-info" former presidents have send him...(makes your work a little easier )

Shade
                    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

If all goes well (and there are no guarantees), Cavebear will be documenting only his own Presidency. But my files are open and available.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'd be happy to write a chapter, should nobody else step forward. My time is a bit limited, tho, so anybody with the will should go ahead and do it.
                        The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                        intelligence to few.

Comment

Perhaps the polll could have an edit showing the nomination of cavebear?
                          Wizards sixth rule:
                          "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                          Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Originally posted by Zedd
                            Perhaps the polll could have an edit showing the nomination of cavebear?
                            That would be forcing him...... so, what did you vote for?
                            Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
                              I would really like to be your Historian; I just didn't want to cause a lot of arguing about the election cycles and all that stuff. If I may be Historian, private citizen, then I would like to do that very much as long as it won't cause dissension.
                              Dissension?! Refusing the Premier is a crime punishable by, er, something nasty the Marquis has up his sleeve for just such anti-Communist behaviour. Especially where it would benefit the people. Our Comrade Premier's philanthropy is clearly beyond reproach!

Which election cycles are you referring to, my Premier? If you are concerned that a prolonged stay in office shall cause dissent, I point all who question this to the decision the people have made: 4 consecutive terms in office only, unless their is no alternative candidate for a position, in which case the restriction is waived. Besides, you have only been in office twice, IIRC.

Minister of WAR, not peace.
                              Presidential Candidate.
                              MrWIA.
                              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                              X