No announcement yet.

Presidential Elections!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

123john321, you will become more familiar to the masses, look at it as PR exposure. Next time, you might win a post!
    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
    intelligence to few.

Comment

Originally posted by Marquis de Sodaq ..........PR exposure.........
      What does that mean?
      Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Originally posted by 123john321
        What does that mean?
        PR= Public Relations

Shade
        ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
        shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

ahhhhhhh........
          Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

just remember everyone, vote early and vote often!
            I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

123john321 you have some tough competition in MWIA. He has had the oportunity to prove him self many times and has not let the people down yet. (except maybe the incident involving a pic of you in a yellow bath tub ) I think as the game progresses you will become an even more outstanding citizen and you may find yourself getting nominated for other positions.
              Wizards sixth rule:
              "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
              Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

I give myvote to MWIA . He has done a fine job and as the ability(at least he makes us think he does ) to be a good president. May the poor sap who wins this election have a fine term!

Xenozod's Tip of The Post: Don't leave your hand on the stove. You might be numb to the pain after awhile, but you know that you are doing permament damage.
                Last edited by Xenozod; June 28, 2002, 19:08.
                The one and only panda of the Red Army.
                Xenozodskyovitchkov, retired Commander of the 1st Ukrainian Front.
                Recipient of the Medal for Accomplishment in IRC Chat

Comment

It's a little late for such things, but I feel I need to post a kind of "Political Broadcast"...

If elected the 6th Leader of Apolyton (and Second Premier of the Peoples' Republic), I promise to use my influence to further convince the people of our need to crush our remaining opposition as swiftly as possible. During my tenure as Minister of WAR I have learned the ins and outs of the modern Art of War and can use this knowledge to successively implement all of the new War Commander's strategems.

I promise to maintain good working relationships with all Ministers for the purpose of helping the people decide what path our nation takes into the future. I already have had close contact with two former leaders of our nation, ex-King shade and our final King, also first and outgoing Premier of Apolytonia, cavebear. With the aid of these two greats, and indeed all of the cabinet, I hope the people will permit me the mandate to further their interests into the coming future!

Minister of WAR, not peace.
                  Presidential Candidate.
                  MrWIA.
                  Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by Zedd
                    (except maybe the incident involving a pic of you in a yellow bath tub )
                    wasn't that Mr. WIA Bear?

Comment

wasn't that Mr. WIA Bear?
                      Ummm, NOOOOOO!!!!

I would never be caught in such a compromising position (of course, I never would be in such a position in the first place anyway ) - so all this talk must be counter-Revolutionary and therefore illegal.

It must thus cease immediately.

Minister of WAR, not peace.
                      Presidential Candidate.
                      MrWIA.
                      Consul.

Comment

Oh really.......

Originally posted by Bear
                        PICTURES OF MRWHEREITSAT IN THE BATH
                        Don't bleave me?!?! Go to the Apolyton Time forum and go see for your self!!!!(Sorry that it had to come to this......)

Comment

On topic now, I think the reason why I'm losing (and NO, I'm not a bad loser),

A) The fact that I'm vsing Mr. WIA
                          B) This is my frist time running, and
                          C) The fact that I can't get pic's on to the forums ......
                          How about, if I win the elections,(which as the same chance as be growing wings) Mr. WIA can do it for me, (change bmp to gip or whatever)

Comment

Sure... If I lose then I'll have the time to do it.

And you'll find that if you lose this one, but stick around 'till the next elections (which may well be the next game we start - if all goes well ), you will do very well in them. Go for Prez or something then and you'll be a shoo-in!

I failed in my Trade run against shade before, then it was next term the people elected me Minister of WAR - all you need is a few ppl to notice your name and that's it.
                            Consul.

Comment

thanks for your thoughs

Comment

On topic now, I think the reason why I'm losing (and NO, I'm not a bad loser),

A) The fact that I'm vsing Mr. WIA
                                B) This is my frist time running, and
                                C) The fact that I can't get pic's on to the forums ......
                                How about, if I win the elections,(which as the same chance as be growing wings) Mr. WIA can do it for me, (change bmp to gif or whatever)
                                don't worry about it(btw reason C isn't the reason), you have had a very strong opponent...
                                What MWIA said is true, I bet if you stick around (I don't know how the VP is 'ellected'--> chosen/runner up but I think(if chosen by the prez) there is a fair chance you'll be aproached for this possition-> take it, it only increases your chances of getting the prez-chair next ellections(Then you'll be 1 prez of the second apolytonian empire ) )

Let's see if we can finish it up this term

Shade
                                ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                                "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                                shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Working...
                                X