Form of Government After Espionage is discovered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form of Government After Espionage is discovered

There are advantages to several forms of government for our assaults on the remaining civs.

We are currently Communist, which balances tech research and production, and eliminates corruption and nearly all unhappiness.

Some are suggesting Fundamentalism, for it's militaristic advantages and gold-accumulating tithes.

Some are pleading for Democracy, for the high research and productivity, and a possible run for Alpha Centuri.

All options are available, since we have the Statue of Liberty and can change at will. Consider the consequences, and vote!
    Despotism
    0.00%
    Monarchy
    0.00%
    Republic
    0.00%
    Democracy
    16.67%
    Communism
    45.83%
    Fundamentalism
    29.17%
    Bananarama Anarchy!
    8.33%

The poll is expired.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

fundy! fundy!

Comment

Voted Fundi

Demo and going for AC in this stage of the game would make it kinda

Lets kill those ****** ******!!

Comment

I believe my, er, Fundamental feelings on the topic are well known.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Soon to Be High Priest CaveBear, I salute you!

Comment

I'm busy sewing Suns, Moons, Stars, etc, onto a midnight black robe in preparation of becoming High Priest...

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
            Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
            Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

As science advisor I must oppose the push towards Fundamentalism. Should we take this transitional step, our civilization will be plunged into a new dark age, our scholars persecuted by the ruling elite. By remaining in communism, we will allow innovation to flourish and gain an even greater technological edge than our enemies.

Comment

Wow. Spies are veterans under communism I hope you know!!! We should stick with it till our spies are done building, then switch to fundy.
                "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
                Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

Veteran spies....
                  (= communism)

Shade
                  ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                  "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                  shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

vet spies
                    Who controls the present commands the past he who commands the past controls the future.

Comment

I see the military lobbies are here in strength...

Makes me wonder where is the majority that voted right at the beginning of the game taht we would be a peaceful civilization and would win the game by reaching AC!
                      "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                      Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                      Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                      Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

*proudly displays his hammer and sickle*
                        oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Fundamentalism would be madness (well it usually is in itself). It would mean the end of our rapid development. As it is now we can work on fine and eliminate our enemies in a good pace. Why risk this for a short period of military advantage before our enemies get a technical edge?

Comment

I hate Fundamentalism and Communism. But I LOVE Democracy, but I all was go AC, but since where kicking the world's ass, let keep at Communism. (The only time I EVER I had Communism, was in civ1 because for some reason, the ctizens hated the Democracy)
                            Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Communism gives us veteran spies!

Fundamentalism makes the game too easy. Commie until we are mopping up the last AI cities, then switch to democracy to make the masses happy and boost our score!
                              The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                              intelligence to few.

Comment

Working...
                              X