Open Ministry - War Planning in Real Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Ministry - War Planning in Real Time

Perhaps I have too much time on my hands or maybe it's just the effect of watching too much 24 (the real-time drama series set in 24 1 hour episodes), but this thread is where I will post my thoughts on the next war plan as they occur to me. This is in the hope that any and all with ANYthing to say will comment here and help me out a bit. Add your support, correct my mistakes, ask annoying questions - anything you want to say that could possibly help me out in this plan is more than welcome.

I am currently trying to take stock of what forces we have on offer, the possibility of others becoming available as they are built, rushbuying, sabotage, upcoming techs etc. etc. All this needs to be thrown at the three remaining civs - Babylon, India and Carthage.

India

-5 cities, one unknown (but strongly suspected) location.
    -the Indian portion of the landmass is the easiest to attack - assuming we leave just 2 defenders per city, we have at our disposal 2 Riflemen, 11 Cavalry and 5 Diplomats. We also have another Diplomat and 4 Cavalry all to be built within 5 turns.

I will post a screenshot in a minute.

Minister of WAR, not peace.
    MrWIA.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Our available troops breakdown is as follows (exludes the defenders to be left behind):

Babar: 1 Rifle, 1 Cav, 1 Diplo
    San Jacinto: 1 Cav, 1 Diplo
    Bombay: 2 Cav, 2 Diplo
    New Castellon: 3 Cav
    Pisae: 2 Cav
    Neapolis: 1 Cav
    in that fortress E of Calcutta: 1 Rif, 1 Cav, 1 Diplo

MrWIA.
    Attached Files
    Consul.

Comment

You really take this seriously, don't you?

Do you think we can put the pressure on Madras, perhaps combining some of the elements from Pisae and Bombay?
      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

The Indians have Gunpowder (as of 13 turns ago) and are researching Metallurgy

Madras is my proposed first target - it will be open to attack from everywhere else, but it will (hopefully) mean the assault on Delhi (second proposed target) goes more easily.

Perhaps concentrating forces on one target at a time is the way to go.
        Consul.

Comment

Like they say in pool, if you make the easy shots first, there won't be any hard shots left at the end.
          Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Turn 1 (1802?):

-1 Cavalry from Bombay moves W, attacks two units in square to NW - kills them.Returns to Bombay.
            -1 Cavalry from Pisae moves SW and then attacks the Crusader.
            -All 3 Cavalry from New Castellon move to Bombay
            -Ironclad in the N moves NE and then E, resentries. This is so that the undefended approach to Citadel and Neapolis is, well, defended.
            -San Jacinto Cavalry moves N onto the Silk
            -Rushbuy Diplo in New Castellon for 68g (this will be used in concert with the two existing Diplos in Bombay for a sabotage attack on Madras

Now: feedback. Are three spies enough for a sabotage attack? We are two turns away from Espionage, and I guess I hope that they upgrade instantly, so that we sabotage on turn 2 (1804?)
            Consul.

Comment

the diplo will be spies in 2 turns , if they take out the walls then 1 cavalry will beat 1 musketteer, with walls in place you might need 3 cavalry for each musketeer, if you hit them with enough you will win out but take losses
              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Keep posting while you can, Mr President - even that much is good.

MrWIA.
                Consul.

Comment

Once Madras is attacked with the spies, the Cavalry will attack. We will have 5 in Bombay after moving 3 more in from New Castellon. We could perhaps move these Cavalry (minimum 3 of them to the fortress, as in the screenshot) on the turn after the spies attack (or later if we want to delay the attack until the Walls are gone).
                  The next turn we would attack Madras with our 3 Cav once each, retiring them to the fortress at the end of their turns. We could also then move the other 2 Cav up.
                  Attached Files
                  Consul.

Comment

do not wait a turn betwwen using the spies and attacking , use the spies then attack on the same turn.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Then it would be:

Turn 2:
                      -Newly upgraded spy from New Castellon moves to Bombay.
                      -Cavalry move to the fortress as I outline above

Turn 3:
                      -All three spies attack Madras once and return to Bombay (or get captured, one or the other ).
                      -Cavalry attack Madras

The only uncertain thing is how much success the spies have, and how many we are left with.

MrWIA.
                      Consul.

Comment

Darn i just posted the exact war-plan in another thread. Great minds to think alike.

Comment

would it not be better to take out the capital first, its the same distance from that fort

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Although it seems so obvious now, Hydey - good point. I was getting so wrapped up in a turn-by-turn account I missed that!

Thank you! This is what I was hoping for from this thread. In that case everything is the same, but with attacks on Delhi, not Madras.

MrWIA.
                            Consul.

Comment

I think we should use the diplo in the fort near calcutta to sabatage production this turn in case theare building walls, easier to do that than try and get them once they are built

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Working...
                              X