A Question of Separate Ground and Naval Actions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Question of Separate Ground and Naval Actions

We have gotten so efficient at this polling business that it doesn't take a week to decide what to do each time. It is obvious that we have agreed to attack the Indians next and leave the Babs and Carths for last.

Yet many comments have also recognized that we can can begin to reduce the defenders in some Bab and Carth coastal cities because our Ironclads are just sitting around with nothing to do while we attack the Indian non-coastal cities.

It will take some moves to get our Ironclad fleet in position to attack the Bab and Carth coastal cities, but I am asking for permission to begin the assault on them before the assault on the inland Indian cities is completed.

My idea is to empty the Bab/Carth coastal cities of defenders and force them to send inland units to the defense of those cities, where we will kill them as well.

This will not be to take the coastal cities of the Babs/Carths immediately, just to drain those civs of as many defenders as possible while we attack the Indians on the ground.

May I do that during the next session? And may I conduct the next session Thursday?

Attack and kill defenders but do not take any enemy coastal cities (Bab/Carth)
    37.04%
    Only the Babs
    11.11%
    Only the Carths
    3.70%
    Take anything we can get from anybody
    33.33%
    Peace until the Indians are utterly destroyed
    7.41%
    Catapault bananas at the overly warlike President. bunches and bunches
    7.41%
    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Oh "drat". I forgot to put a time limit on the poll. The poll ends Thursday, daytime US EDT, so vote quickly.

Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

Only the Babs , they are after all allied to the evil Indians.
      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I voted for: "Take anything we can get from anybody" but would like to say, only if the position is defendable and profitable for Apolytonia!

Vote for Me to be your, Minister of Trade, for this terms Vote for ME!
        Play the Demo Games!!
        Running for Foreign Minister in the 3rd Civ2 Single Human Play game!!
        Vote for the experience, Vote for me!!

Comment

Are we voting quickly enough oh great one?
          The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by James Adams
            I voted for: "Take anything we can get from anybody" but would like to say, only if the position is defendable and profitable for Apolytonia!
            We are only killing land units by sea, not occupying the cities. So there is nothing to defend.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
              Are we voting quickly enough oh great one?
              Yes, wonderfully! Thank you.

Comment

they shall not survive!
                I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

OK with coastal bombing.
                  For the reasons, see the discussion on the thread "CORRECTED latest Ministry of War plans"
                  JCP
                  Paris, FRANCE

Comment

If we have the units, why not use them

It might also make bribing cheaper if the AI has to start buying units

Comment

While I'm all for some random terrorizing of our enemies I do think there's no point in risking units when we can't exploit any successes. I think we should only attack units we are sure woun't destroy the 'clads until we have time and army-units to exploit the navys hard work.

Comment

Random terrorizing of enemies is a goal in itself. Go for it!
                        Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

we might as well terrorize them...

Comment

Empty the Babylonian cities! They will rush build new defenders. This will sap their treasury, causing them to raise the tax rate - which in turn delays their discovery of gunpowder.

The Carthaginians are still in the stone age. We should also empty their coastal cities of oppressors, but the majority of our ironclads should busy themselves with the Babylonians.
                            The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                            intelligence to few.

Comment

Let's continue the ground offensive against the Indians, hit the Carthaginians and maybe the Babylonians with Ironclads, and take no cities EXCEPT Carthage.

Comment

Working...
                              X