Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign Ministers report on the Carthaginians 1778 ad

Foreign Ministers report on the Carthaginians 1778

the carthaginians are a despotism with 2003 gold in the bank, they have 13 cities with Carthage the capital.

they have no techs that we don't have , in fact they are very backward science wise and are researching seafaring.

They have no contact with anyone apart from seeing our ships sail past and some navel battles.

they have 2 wonders of the world, the great wall of Utica and Copernicus Obsevatory in Leptis Parva.

I have attached a map of known Carthaginian cities as you can see there is much to still discover about there lands.

I recommend we leave things as they are while we finish off the other civs and then head up to the Carts.
    Attached Files
    Leave them alone for now
    10.71%
    Make contact and map there lands
    39.29%
    try to make peace with them
    0.00%
    Finish off the others and then attack
    21.43%
    Start attacking now while we are on a roll
    7.14%
    Banana
    21.43%

The poll is expired.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

cart techs

Attached is a list of techs they have so you can see how backward they are in science.
    Attached Files

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Finish off the other civ's first.

It might be a fun idea to take this civ in 1 turn as our last action in this game. Give ourselves a bit of a challenge

Comment

contact, land some units to explore their land so we know where their cities are when its tiem to attack!

Comment

I suggest that we sent a few Explorers over to map their lands. Explorers would not trigger a hostile reaction, and we need to know where their cities are located.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
          Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
          Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Mapping 'em do seem like a good idea. A future attack into uncharted territory could lead to a few unpleasant suprises and pointless loses.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
              Explorers would not trigger a hostile reaction,
              Aren't we already at war? They will be happy to kill our explorer if we offer him up...
              The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
              intelligence to few.

Comment

No we are not at war as we have not made proper contact yet, just a few sea battles which don't count as contact in the game.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
                  ...Explorers would not trigger a hostile reaction...
                  since when?

Comment

finish India and Babylon first then gather the troops to invade the Cartaginian island after some exploration(with spies preferably)

Shade
                    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

In the War Office's Military plan we propose that Caravel (at the top of the screen) unloads the Rifleman and Cavalry (once we get Tactics in ~2 turns it will be one) and takes Oea.

First contact=First Blood

Minister of WAR, not peace.
                      MrWIA.
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

A little mapping wouldn't hurt, but what I see is a lovely series of seaside, Superclad-ready communities.

Seems like all we have to do is get the fleet up there, along with a few units to occupy the soon-to-be-empty cities.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Delanda est Cartago

Another information about Carthaginians : they are far ahaed in military service (11 years versus 4 years for us ) That means they are very bellicists (and they sank the trirems they encountered !).
                          With 13 cities, a lot of units and an low level in science, it's the ICSer civ of our world !
                          I think we have t o turn ourself against Carthas sooner after Indian conquest.
                          No need of an explorer : even peacefull, he will be considered as an intrusion and killed !
                          But an explorer may be usefull for exploring the large dark area east of carthaginians with a caravels, then for exploring arctic pole area, with its huts
                          ... and after Cleopatra as councellor, why not queen Dido ?
                          Last edited by JCP; June 18, 2002, 14:04.
                          JCP
                          Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                            A little mapping wouldn't hurt, but what I see is a lovely series of seaside, Superclad-ready communities.

Seems like all we have to do is get the fleet up there, along with a few units to occupy the soon-to-be-empty cities.
                            They have some coastal cities, but much of their coastline is not settled. Since they have numerous cities, most must be inland. And they must have strange locations. Can you imagine not putting a city here:
                            Attached Files
                            Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                            Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                            Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

@ the Carths

Comment

Working...
                              X