Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign Ministers report on the Indians 1778 ad

Foreign Ministers report on the Indians 1778

The Indians are a Monarchy with 1081 gold in their treasury, they have 5 cities with Delhi the capital.

They are allied to the Babylonians and at war with us.

they have no techs that we do not have and are researching Metallurgy.

I have attached a map of India with suggested spot for the other city circled.

I recommend we crush these evil dogs once and for all.
    Attached Files
    end this war , make peace
    0.00%
    war until peace is offered
    7.41%
    Crush them forever
    66.67%
    bananarama
    25.93%

The poll is expired.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Finish them off but we might want to wait untill we have railroads so we can attack with our cannons.

Comment

It's safer to eliminate them first, so we don't have to defend our cities there so heavily. We can then use the freed-up units to join in the next assault (Carthage or Babylon).

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

They are weak. I can't really see the point of not eliminating them. It will probably be quicker and with less cost than some poxy peace.

Comment

kick there ass
          Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Why is an unguarded diplomat standing in a war zone!? Send him somewhere safe!

It's time to curry their entrails!
            The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
            intelligence to few.

Comment

Originally posted by Marquis de Sodaq
              Why is an unguarded diplomat standing in a war zone!? Send him somewhere safe!
              I'm sure the president has it all under control.
              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

India looks like a beautiful country, nice green fields, lots of rivers. Once our brave soldier comrades liberate it, I might look into buying a summer dacha there.
                Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

CRUSH THEM!!(if we can without to many losses cfr MWIA war-thread)

Shade
                  ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                  "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                  shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

The War Office suggests a wait until Cavalry (2 turns away), until we build a few more of them and diplos to take down some walls.

Minister of WAR, not peace.
                    MrWIA.
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Their Capital seems to be unwalled : let's attack here first, and if the capital is not changed for a walled town, let's bribe other non-coastal cities !
                      If they haven't gunpower, no need to wait for cavalry.
                      JCP
                      Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Actually the city is walled. Compare the unwalled (left) with the walled (right) in my picture.
                        Attached Files
                        Consul.

Comment

From the screenshot, I saw Madras as walled, and Calcutta and Bangalore as unwalled. If Delhi is walled, the approach must be more careful :
                          - sabotage of the citywalls before invasion,
                          - or waiting for cavalry and cannons protected by a rifleman and a fortress,
                          - or begining with other cities...
                          JCP
                          Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Remember, it may have been some turns since we saw those cities last - they may all have walls.
                            Consul.

Comment

I am expecting to discover that all the Indian cities are walled by now.

That Diplomat outside Bombay is there because he can reach Madras in one turn from that spot.

I expect to hold off any attacks until our Dragoons are upgraded to Cavalry.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                              Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                              Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                              Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Working...
                              X