Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement

I haven't been a very active City Planner in my short term, I admit. But that was as much as you will see from me in that position.

I am afraid I don't have the time, effort or will power to continue to be a cabinet member of Apolyton.

Therefore, I announce my decision to resign.

If I am needed now, I shall do my best to assist in the City Planning field, but I would prefer this resignation to be effective immediately.

I will try and check the boards and give my input on issues, and will remain a prescence as one of the nations only two hardcore Capitalists

Its been fun, and thank you.

Again, my apologies.
    Roar!

Bear - Thank you for letting us know.

Vice President civman2000 - Would you be willing to take over the duties of Minister of City Planning for the remainder of this term?

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Well, thanks for the effort and input! Circumstances change...
      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
      intelligence to few.

Comment

I like the fact of less capitalism in the cabinet , but that doesn't change the fact that the cabinet is losing a dedicated and hard working member about the community.
        The one and only panda of the Red Army.
        Xenozodskyovitchkov, retired Commander of the 1st Ukrainian Front.
        Recipient of the Medal for Accomplishment in IRC Chat

Comment

who was the deputy...isnt it Immortal Wombat...if we can get him, let him take over, otherwise i can try (though it was never a position i wnated to have much)

Comment

I would like to offer my services as city planner for the remainder of the term if needed.

Comment

confirmed: Immortal Wombat was the other candidate, cavebear appointed Bear instead...that makes him the equivalent of being the 2nd place in a poll and thus the deputy. I will pm him to see if he will return and become city planner

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000
                confirmed: Immortal Wombat was the other candidate, cavebear appointed Bear instead...that makes him the equivalent of being the 2nd place in a poll and thus the deputy. I will pm him to see if he will return and become city planner
                OK. I had forgotten Immortal Wombat had also expressed an interest in the job...

Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

silly President.

Just pump everything into trade, and I'll be happy
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

No pump $ into the foreign ministry so our diplomats may convice other city to see things our way.
                    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                      silly President.

Just pump everything into trade, and I'll be happy
                      Well, we can't do that unless you poll the Citizens about it and they agree, right?

Comment

The People need a poll
                        -->Visit CGN!
                        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

becasue I really don't want to take this job, I appoint atawa to carry it out in my name, if he accepts.

Comment

At the start of the June term, no candidates had announced for the position of Minister of City Planning. By my request, 2 persons expressed an interest in the job (Bear and Immortal Wombat). I offered the position to Bear, and he accepted.

Neither was elected to the job, and Immortal Wombat has stated he does not even have Civ2 to be able to examine the cities for what needs doing. To me, that means he is not able to perform the duties of the job.

So, I offered the duites to Vice President civman2000. He has said he is not interested in those duties (and that is quite legitimate). He has nominated atawa to fulfill the duties of City Planner, and I will happily affirm that nomination if atawa wants the job (the offer having been made by the Vice President).

If atawa does not want the job, I will open the floor to self-nominations.

Comment

Yes I want the job

In the remainder of this term I'll work to make our city's even more powerfull then they allready are so we have the money and shields for our conquest of this world

I would like to thank the previous City Planners for the exelent looking city's we have now

Lets produce

Comment

Working...
                              X