Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign Ministers report on the Carthaginians 1764 ad

Foreign Ministers report on the carthaginians 1764ad

The Carthaginians are a despotism with 1907 gold in their treasury, they have 12 cities with Carthage as their capital.
    They have no techs that we do not have , in fact they are along way behind in science, they are researching writing
    They have 2 wonders of the world, the great wall of utica and Copernicus observatory in leptis Parva
    They not at war or peace wth anyone even though they where at war with the romans earlier.

I beleive it will be some time before they start causing us much concern as far as war as they are far to our North and only have triemes for sailing.

I recommend sending a couple of units to map their lands unless they give us maps and to watch for any incursions into our lands or waters while we deal with the more imeadiate threats we face.
    Seek to be peaceful and learn more of their lands
    41.18%
    Ignore them and hope they go away
    17.65%
    Encourage them to attack by putting units on their land
    5.88%
    Attack them now lets have a world war
    23.53%
    I don't care eat a banana
    11.76%

The poll is expired.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Known maps of carthaginians

this is all we know
    Attached Files

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

With all these nice coastal city's this should be target for our clads, I dont know how many turns it'll take to get them there but if its doable I'd say kill them

Comment

I'd say try to keep peace with them and somehow learn about their territory(by map-exchange or exploring units)

Shade
        ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
        shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

The Carthaginians are the least threat to us. They are isolated and I've only seen a couple of Triremes on the open seas.

I say leave them for last.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
          Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
          Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

I agree cavebear, they are way behind in science and too far away to be a threat at the moment

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
              The Carthaginians are the least threat to us. They are isolated and I've only seen a couple of Triremes on the open seas.

I say leave them for last.

No! We should sent several ironclads that way - sink their triremes (carrying settlers?) and kill anybody walking along the beach.

Sacking their cities will pay richly, as well - a chunk of that treasury could be ours with each conquered city!
              The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
              intelligence to few.

Comment

After we finish off the Egyptians and Americans and deal with the Romans and Indians, we should go after them.

Comment

We cant deal with indians right now as they have too many inland city's, we must wait for railroads.

In the meantime, why not gain use the clads for something usefull?

Comment

hmmm.... what the heck!

SQUISH THEM

Comment

We need a city on the Forest+River tile at the edge of that screenshot, as it will give us more trade (River) and better defense (Forest = +50% and River = +25%), giving us a beachead for our invasion of Carthage, which should happen ASAP after we kill the Egyptians.

Comment

I forgot to mention that we also need a city on the middle swamp tile of the island just outside the west edge of the screenshot (two whales!), and one on the very westernmost grassland tile of the Carthaginian continent (I think there are more whales there, too), which is not in the screenshot.

Comment

peace! finish off egypt and america, then maybe take out india or something, but let's keep our few semi-friends that we have so we dont get overwhelmed!

Comment

I say as soon as we finish with Egypt and America, then go to Rome, and then on to Carthage!!! KILL THEM ALL!!!
                            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
                            Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                            Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                            Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

Ok, they are late in science and far away : the threat is not immediate.
                              But they are very bellicist (far the first in military service), peace is not a way with them. Today, ignorance may be the way, then war later.
                              But baware they exchange military techs with other civs !
                              JCP
                              Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Working...
                              X