Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign Ministers report on the romans 1764 ad

Foreign ministers report on the romans 1764ad

The romans are a republic with 1088 gold in there treasury, they have no techs that we do not have and are curently researching gunpowder.
    They have 7 cities with Rome their Capital. They are at peace with the Indians and at war with us
    They have 1 wonder of the world , the hanging gardens of Rome, perhaps they are just holding on to it for us.

I recomend when we finish with Egypt and america we take out the romans as well, what say you military advisor?
    Give them whatever it takes to get peace
    0.00%
    Defend ourselves but do not attack roman cities
    5.26%
    Take cities but if they offer peace accept it
    36.84%
    Crush them out of existance
    52.63%
    I don't care eat a banana
    5.26%

The poll is expired.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

I didn't realize that we were at war with them. I say take as many cities as possible but make peace when they discover gunpowder, if we don't have a unit strong enough to flatten them.

Comment

Take those 2 cities that escaped the contained airea.
      (now we can do this without the risk of declaring a war...maybe they ask for peace...)

Shade
      ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
      shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

perhaps we should bribe those 2 cities, cheaper now we are at war

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Take those 2 city's and any other we can take, when they discover gunpowder we can make peace untill we have a railroad build to their pathetic little empire

Comment

Pisae will fall immediately. I've cleared it of defenders and we have a Musketeer and a Dragoon to enter on the next turn. If they rush a defender, I'll just smack it with a Clad. Those vet Clads are AWESOME! Neopolis (the other city out of our containment zone) should fall easily too. After that, I suggest we offer them a cease-fire while we take out the Indians.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
            Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
            Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

We can take Pisae and Rome with ease, as we have Ironclads in theatre. The rest of the cities will fall quickly after that, to Ironclads etc. or diplos.

Comment

never expectd to be saying this, but we need to at least try to cut back on our wars. Attack some cities because we easily can, but accept reasonable peace offers.

Comment

Egypt and America are no longer wars, rather mopping up operations, we have the force to finish the job down there so we can concentrate more on our nearer neighbours

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

what will happen to our trade routes if we start attacking, and taking roman cities and bringing down the population of those cities? i'm just bringing that up because we might need to plan for any possible side effects the war will have on our economy. but i still say hit them hard if they are researching gunpowder, we can't afford to have that spread.

Comment

We shouldn't suffer much in trade from taking Rome. Thebes and Philadelphia seem to have only lost 1 city size when we took them.

Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

The best way to make sure they wont get gunpowder is to take their cap, rome, witch shouldnt be so difficult

Comment

Originally posted by atawa
                          The best way to make sure they wont get gunpowder is to take their cap, rome, witch shouldnt be so difficult
                          Indeed!
                          It's urgent to take their capital to try stopping gunpower reserch !
                          Rome is under the threat of our Ironclads, Ironclads ignore citywalls, and attacking from sea doesn't reduce population !
                          Finishing American and Egyptian wars is easy and may be completed by bribing.
                          Let our clads run against Rome and one Dragon will enter in the empty city !
                          Discovering gunpower would change the strategic situation, because, due our power, all the civs will allie and exchange their techs ... and with AI cheats, we'll meet musketeers all over the world in one or two turns !
                          JCP
                          Paris, FRANCE

Comment

We have 3 Ironclads in the area (although 2 need to recuperate). And there is that convenient road between Rome and Citadel for land units to use when the defenders are wiped out. I think Rome is a priority, (whether we decide to take the rest of the Roman cities next or not).

Comment

Taking Rome (the country) will give us bases close to the Carthaginians.

Comment

Working...
                              X