WAR plan for Liberation of Thebes and Philadelphia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by H Tower
    i know diplomats dissapear after investigating a city, is it the same way with bribing units?
    Dips remain after bribing units. I'm not sure about after bribing cities, though. I don't use Dips very much myself; Spies are so much better and I usually have a dozen of them running around by this point in a game.

This game has been a bit odd for me. I usually research Communism to get the Spies, then play as a Democracy. Here, we are playing as Communist, but don't have Spies. I may have to revise my strategy in the future.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Originally posted by atawa
      Its not a bad idea to take the dip on the ship, there is an extra space and we might get to bribe a unit or 2 on the road to Memphis.

Walking up and down the road, he can scout the territory, bribing units where necesary.
      Unfortunately, it's a moot point now. I went and lost the poor fellow by stupidly losing track of an American Catapault that had gone invisible when a Crusader moved away from it. The Dip ended his move planted right next to it!

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Whats the current status, have we built any new diplomats since then?
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
          Dips remain after bribing units. I'm not sure about after bribing cities, though.
          They can indefinitely bribe units; Any other action is a one-time use. Only spies can return after a city bribe...
          The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
          intelligence to few.

Comment

Working...
          X