1720ad Foreign ministers report on Egyptians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1720ad Foreign ministers report on Egyptians

Foreign ministers report on the Egyptians.

the egyptians have 5 cities with Thebes as their capital, they are a republic with 331 glod in their treasury. They are allied with the americans and at war with us .

they have 3 techs which we don't have,Bridge building, economics and medicine and are researching feudalism.
    Wonders of the world built by the Egyptians are the pyramids of thebes and Marco polo's embassy in thebes.

There cities all appear to have city walls but are only defended by phlanxes until they discover feudalism when they will get pikeman.

I recommend we crush these evil monsters as soon as we can and take those wonders that are rightfully ours.
    Stop attacking and seek peace at all costs
    4.35%
    Take thebes and then seek peace
    4.35%
    keep taking cities but accept peace when offered
    13.04%
    Crush them out of existance
    73.91%
    I don't care banana split time
    4.35%

The poll is expired.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Take Thebes first!!!!!!!!

Once you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

We should not stop except to clean the last egyptian from the sole of our collective boot!
      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
      intelligence to few.

Comment

No guesses once again where I voted...

Minister of WAR, not peace.
        MrWIA.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

KILL KILL KILL

need I say more???

Shade
          ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
          "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
          shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Keep in mind that if we wipe them out, the game is set to ressurect them elsewhere. I recommend leaving just one city of each civ we attack and keeping it weak. If we get all the civs down to one guarded city each, we can always decide to eliminate them all at once.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
            Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
            Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

looks like A&E are going down!

SQUISH THEM

Comment

Good to see so many people in the fighting spirit

Kill them asap.

Comment

President cavebear - I didn't think MGE was any different to normal Civ2 with restarts. In my experience, restarts only happen if you kill a Civ before about 1AD.

Please someone, correct me if I'm wrong. This could be important.

MrWIA.
                  Consul.

Comment

there has to be a suitable land mass available for a restarted civ to be placed. one that hasn't been explored yet by any civ. at least in my experience.

Comment

Friends, Apolytonians, Country men (and women)! Lend me your ears!

Let us pause for a moment and reflect upon our past and present course of action with the Egyptians and Americans. Why did we begin this cruel and bloody war against the Egyptians? Was it because they invaded our lands and attacked us and we are just defending our lands or was it just out of our greed and the greed of our leaders that we were driven to commit these acts of cruelty and barbarism.

My Fellow Apolytonians, let us begin a new era and a new chapter in Apolyton's history and let us no longer be known as a civilization that thrives in the shedding of the blood. Let us be known as a civilization that delighted in peace rather than war and prospered because they sought to maintain peace between every civilization. By doing this we can truly touch the stars!
                      Gen. Winfield Scott Hancock
                      Commanding II Corps
                      Union Army of the Potomac

Comment

They declared war on us. Let us be known as they who tolerate those who stay at peace, but crush the pants off of those who outlive their usefulness. After all, what kind of Communist doesn't wnat to spread the joy of our government to all on the planet?

/me sends spies to investigate Gen. Hancock

MrWIA.
                        Consul.

Comment

Indeed, the Egyptians rebuffed our repeated requests for peace! War they wanted, war they get! We'll make peace as soon as they are assimilated.
                          The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                          intelligence to few.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                            President cavebear - I didn't think MGE was any different to normal Civ2 with restarts. In my experience, restarts only happen if you kill a Civ before about 1AD.

Please someone, correct me if I'm wrong. This could be important.

MrWIA.
                            All I know is that I saw an earlier message about game settings saying that killed civs would be re-started. If there are restrictions to when that can happen, then good. I never use that option (when they're dead, I want them to stay that way), so I can't say for sure. If we don't have to worry about resurrection now, so much the better.

In that case, kill them off!

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                            Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                            Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

I've never seen a civ restart at 1720, but if it does, we'll just go on a nice settller hunt

Comment

Working...
                              X