Titles given by a majority poll.

Something else (write it in)
    None.
    45.83%
    Let an offical give them.
    4.17%
    Let a commitee give them.
    8.33%
    Let the majority of the citizens give them.
    20.83%
    I have an idea.
    0.00%
    Matticus is now called Sir Banana.
    20.83%
    --------------------------------
    Sir Banana

Trade Minister of the Democracy Game

no titles though, medals. a title is something held by a person in a certain position not by a person that everyone else thinks deserves it.

Comment

personally I think it should be a majority of the citizens. If anyone wants someone else to have a title, they can post a poll. So you can't nominate yourself. Anyway, if a majority of all citizens, not voters, approve of it, the title is given. This will help keep the number of titles low, and if people don't like titles at all they can either not vote in the poll or vote no. This option works for all sides.
      --------------------------------
      Sir Banana

Trade Minister of the Democracy Game

Comment

I already posted this on another thread, but I just wanted to make sure that everyone sees my opinion on the subject before they vote.
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        giving titles to people sounds iffy to me, some of the people who would get them wouldn't deserve them in certain peoples eyes. Also if we were to have a corrupt or unprepared President they might give the titles away in exchange for polotical favors, or "assistance"
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        It's obvious they don't grant any special powers but they're "shiny objects", things that people will do anything to get.
        Maybe if a council was set up to give these titles to people than I would agree with it. I also think instead of titles it should be medals.
        If we did create a council to deal with this I think it should be headed by the VP, but the members (let's say 4 of them) should be elected by the 'public'.

BUT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD ONE PERSON HAVE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF GIVING THESE 'SHINY OBJECTS' FOR REASONS I HAVE ALREADY STATED

Comment

Sorry guys, I don't like it. It may be pushing elitism a bit.

We are all equal here, and those who do well in Council or are great posters (for reasons of comedy, novelty or thoughtfulness) will be recognized by all anyway and there's no need for this.

Besides, it's monarchist and corrupt.

Perhaps at the end of the game we could have some kind of "Honour roll" - not while the game is still going, I know that if I got one I'd get a really big head and be absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to deal with...

Minister of WAR, not peace.
          MrWIA.
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I can't edit the poll so just subtract one from commitee and add one to none. I originally didn't support the idea, I just assumed that most people would like it and it would become official,but I didn't want it getting out of hand so I created the commitee idea. but it would appear as though I was wrong good thing too

Comment

We dont need titles in this game imho, People in office having titles is bad enough in our communist nation :

Comment

I would have voted for Matticus' name change too, but this isn't a multi-option poll.

MrWIA.
                Consul.

Comment

isn't voting for the bannana the same as saying Im against whatever the poll is about? or am I mistaken?

Comment

Or an 'I don't care".

MrWIA.
                    Consul.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                      I would have voted for Matticus' name change too, but this isn't a multi-option poll.

MrWIA.
                      I did

Comment

I always think of a banana vote as an I don't care vote
                        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I know, atawa.

My spies tell me things.... TERRIBLE things.....

MrWIA.
                          Consul.

Comment

I can not reveal what my spies tell me.
                            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Hey you guys have spies too? ......uh cool.....I wonder what they look like....not that I would know......or control any......

Comment

Working...
                              X