Espionage Minister?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Espionage Minister?

I personally think that we should have an Espionage Minister, because managing diplos/spies isn't really the job of the foreign minister, yet doesn't quite fall under the Defense Minister. Therefore, we should create a new cabinet post (albeit a rather minor one). What do you think?
    Yes
    20.00%
    No
    80.00%
    Yes, but it should be a banana
    0.00%

I think it should be part of the defense minister. We seem to be having hard enough time finding people to run for the other
    ministry postions as it is.

anyways, are we really planning to do much spying?
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I too feel that it should be part of the defense ministers job to be in charge of spies, but I also feel both of those two positions should fall under the job of the SMC.

Gen. Winfield Scott Hancock
      Commanding II Corps
      Union Army of the Potomac
      Gen. Winfield Scott Hancock
      Commanding II Corps
      Union Army of the Potomac

Comment

We don't even have Spies yet. And they would fall under the control of Foreign Minister and Minister of War (depends on what was needed to be learned). Let's not try and form a bunch of new functions.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
        Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
        Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Espionage is an horizontal function. Diplomats then spies are usefull for military planning and action, for foreign policy, and even for science advisor and imperial expension.
          I think that each minister may suggests the use of them, mainly defense and foreign secretaries.
          In final decision, the President acts, combinating the purpoises.(for instance, with spies, systematically using free actions for up-to-dating our knowledge of the civ and the city before sabotage, stealing or inciting to revolt).
          No need for a specific ministry.
          JCP
          Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Dips/Spies are useful to many existing ministries (see JCP comments above). Even your humble Historian uses them -- to "verify" some of the little-known qualities of our civic leaders and citizens...

No need for another High Council post.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I say leave it with the Foreign Ministry. That post won't have much to do, otherwise.
              The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
              intelligence to few.

Comment

A new post and we have how many diplo's? 4

I don't think this is a full-timejob, not even a half-time.
                Let the Foreign and Millitary fight for them when needed.

Shade
                ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

For now we dont need any such position.
                  After we get spies and if we are going to use them in force we can always reconsidder this.

Comment

Sorry, but I do feal that the last thing we want is more ministers, and I really don't see the appeal of post with such a narrow set of responsibilities. Also it seems to me that it would lead to more confusion between existing ministries not less.

Comment

Working...
                    X