No announcement yet.

Save files for all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how big would these images be? i might be able to host them on my website if they were small enough

Comment

Saves for all! Are ministers any more trustworthy than the common comrade? Our leaders are practicing the absurdity of Soviety communism, whereas the Apolytoner people seek a purer form. Saves for all!
      I see the problem with cheating, though. Also, would I be able to even look at them, because I use FW, and the game is played on MGE
      Signed,
      Bigcash, aka the Man who can't beat Civ2 unless he's playing chieftain OR the man who was really disappointed by Civ3's lack of scenarios.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
        Are you kidding? I voted in 1968
        Sorry cavebear ... I must get out of the habit of thinking that there aren't more golden oldies around. The reference to the dead letterbox (remember all those spy films where they dropped the secret papers for the KGB to collect them?) was a hope that somebody would email me a save file of the game.

----------------

SG(2)
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

If all the people have save files then whats the point of having ministers? and if we all want a copy why not just play by ourselvs? I think more scrren shots and such would help solve this problem, also i think that the history minister should keep a copy of the game saved at different points throught our history. That way when this is all over those who particapated could have a copy and go back and play it , foor fun.
          I want chicken I want Liver I want everything for dinner!!!

Comment

Originally posted by timmy2tone69
            If all the people have save files then whats the point of having ministers? and if we all want a copy why not just play by ourselvs? I think more scrren shots and such would help solve this problem, also i think that the history minister should keep a copy of the game saved at different points throught our history. That way when this is all over those who particapated could have a copy and go back and play it , for fun.
            Well stated, t2t69.

This issue has been discussed and resolved previously in this forum. The ppl voted the High Council ministers the right to receive saves so that they could develop better strategies and tactics, resulting in more specific, meaningful polls.

Those with a "need" to see the saves should run for office.

Posting old saves (like one per month) as a part of the history thread is an interesting idea. There is always concern that someone will cheat ahead (exploration, etc) and post spoiler notes, and this is a legitimate concern in an open forum like this.

Is it possible to lock or disable a savegame file?
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

To have or not the .sav, that is the question

As several posts said, there was a poll one or two months ago on the subject : Saved games are mailed to the Cab after every turn played by the President, not to each citizen.
              The Hydey idea seems good : the President publish in the traditional link ("our world in xxxx") the main screenshots (as today), and each minister posts the complementary screenshots and reports which may be relevent with his matter and usefull for the decisions to be taken in the week (between the W-E turns).
              JCP
              Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                Those with a "need" to see the saves should run for office.
                My thoughts exactly...
                Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                Is it possible to lock or disable a savegame file?
                I don't know about disabling a game, but it is possible to disable cheat mode. That doesn't prevent someone from playing out a game, tho.
                The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                intelligence to few.

Comment

I agee with our historian.

Comment

Working...
                  X