Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DEATH TO HUMANITY *cough* OUR ENEMIES!!
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Not to mention that those lousy capitalist pigs have enough money to buy their needs. As usual at the expence of the exploited workingclass!

Comment

The two civs are in war with us. We have to finish the begun job !
        (a french proverb says : When the wine is drawn, it should be drunk )
        About Egypt, I proposed in another link that :
        "For the following, as main cities are walled, let us not waste our brilliant units in front attacks.
        As communist, bribing is not a bad thing if it is for a good goal !
        The aim may be to conquer Egyptian Capital, by sabotage of the walls with diplomats, then attacking by crusaders and, after conquest, bribing their poor remaining cities. "
        More : catching Thebes gives us Marco Polo's.
        Perhaps, as the Bear in the Cave noticed, we may let a poor lonesome city of each civ, to avoid restarting new civ anywhere.

For Americans, the known cities are walled : we need more forces, with high attack power, at least ironclads for costal cities, then riflemen (by Leo's) and even cavalry if tech progress is speedy (remember : with railroad, we'll have two advances if we build Darwin's !)
        JCP
        Paris, FRANCE

Comment

In that case, we need to sue for peace with America, and concentrate units on Egypt. We have a beachhead there, and moving all units from the American front would go faster.
          Signed,
          Bigcash, aka the Man who can't beat Civ2 unless he's playing chieftain OR the man who was really disappointed by Civ3's lack of scenarios.

Comment

"Sue for peace"! This is the MGE AI we're talking about, not EU2!
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

or just fortify some musketeers on good terrain inbetween or countries, let the AI ram their heads agaisnt a brick wall

Comment

The AI is already ramming it's head into a brick wall - they haven't surrendered yet, have they?

Comment

As long as the Americans and Egyptians keep sending out individual units, I'm willing to keep wiping them out. We are getting stronger faster than they are.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                  Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                  Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                  Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                    The AI is already ramming it's head into a brick wall - they haven't surrendered yet, have they?
                    because we haven't paid too much attention to them yet. just wait until ironclads

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                      or just fortify some musketeers on good terrain inbetween or countries, let the AI ram their heads agaisnt a brick wall
                      Agree -- Fortifying strong defenders (at least two = no bribe threat) close to enemy civs encourages them to weaken themselves by sending hari-kiri attack units out to their death (instead of fortifying their city defenses).
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I suggest we move this discussion onto the Official Military Debate thread started by MrWIA, so our commets will recieve more attention

Comment

Yeah, I wish I could find some Mountains to fortify Musketeers on!

Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

What a great president always smiling.... but you're also always wearing sunglasses... are you hiding something

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
                              What a great president always smiling.... but you're also always wearing sunglasses... are you hiding something
                              "Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to".

The sunglasses are so I can go out in public without be mobbed by adoring crowds. It seems to work very well.

Comment

you're online but your little ligtbulb says your gone.... another tactic to avoid your swarming masses of fans?

Comment

Working...
                                X