America and Egypt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America and Egypt

What is your opinion on America and Egypt? What should be done with them?

kill them all! its just that we don't have the forces to do so yet.

Comment

Well on the maps of 1640 Thebes is without citywalls. If we have some extra troops around we might try a landing at the coast and test its defences. If we take Thebes, the rest of egypt can be taken without much effort for the rest of our civilization imho.

Comment

Destroy all of Egypt and Thebes and the rest of the American Cities except their Capital City and then negotiate peace with the Americans and establish trade with them.
        Gen. Winfield Scott Hancock
        Commanding II Corps
        Union Army of the Potomac

Comment

I hope the Supreme Military Commander drops in and takes a look at this

Comment

Well, it doesn't show up clearly on the map, but Thebes is walled.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
            Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
            Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

No need to wipe them out per se , but we should make it a point to sieze the Wonders that are rightfully ours , and extract minor technologies (eg Bridge Building) that we can't otherwise be troubled with.

If this modest plan results in the total assimilation of these cultures into mainstream Apolytonia, then I guess it was just meant to be.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

MrWIA should get started on a plan for conquering America and Egypt ASAP or at least plan on starting an invasion.
                hit 'em hard and fast, that's my suggestion

(hehee now I get to play the little old man who complains about lack of action )

Comment

Kill them asap

Comment

The dialectic pronounces the inevitability of our triumph in conquering the reactionary lands and freeing their peasants and workers from the mystification of their capitalist exploiters so that they may join our Worker's Paradise.

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
                      I hope the Supreme Military Commander drops in and takes a look at this

In a few days, I wash my hands of this! Really, our current holdings are secure, my successor should have an easy time preparing any further incursions into foreign soil. Now if we had ironclads to avoid those pesky city walls...
                      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                      intelligence to few.

Comment

Kill the Americans first.
                        The Egyptians have a better color
                        -->Visit CGN!
                        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

War! I say we land cheap troops who set fire to their countryside, pillaging as they go till the infrastructure is ruined for both countries. Our shock troops then retreat to the hills, where they periodically swoop down to check down on the starving cities. Thereby they pose no threat whatsoever till we have the Ironclads the Marquis so desires.
                          Signed,
                          Bigcash, aka the Man who can't beat Civ2 unless he's playing chieftain OR the man who was really disappointed by Civ3's lack of scenarios.

Comment

While it seems like a good idea to land some troops so that they can not mass troops and take the war to us it seems like a bad idea to pillage. The ironclads are not far away in the future and those mines and irrigations could be good for us in the future.

Comment

Pillaging doesn't damage an AI city, the AI just cheats more to make up for it. On the other hand, all that irrigation and road has to be rebuilt by us because we have to play by the rules.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                              Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                              Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                              Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Working...
                              X