Supreme Military Commander Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cavebear
    Granted. The SMC is the supreme *military* commander (actually, the Minister of War). The President/Premier is "supreme" in overall matters.

No, the SMC isn't even the supreme military commander (paradox). The President is the supreme military commander; the SMC is an *advisor* and not actually in charge.

Comment

He's in charge of warfare but takes his political orders from the politbureau

Comment

He's in charge of warfare but takes his political orders from the politbureau
        Again, no, he is NOT in charge of warfare; he is an ADVISOR. He is in no way, shape or form *supreme* military *commander*. The president is supreme military commander. He should be Defense Minister or Minister of War etc., but not supreme military commander.

Comment

I vote MWIA. He has helped new citizens extremly and has shown to be a very efficient leader.
          The one and only panda of the Red Army.
          Xenozodskyovitchkov, retired Commander of the 1st Ukrainian Front.
          Recipient of the Medal for Accomplishment in IRC Chat

Comment

What's in a name? It just kinda stuck after the ppl started referring to MdS as that due to his Supremely Successful Strategies - his SSS!
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
              What's in a name? It just kinda stuck after the ppl started referring to MdS as that due to his Supremely Successful Strategies - his SSS!
              Actually, I believe the Marquis de Sodaq conferred that title upon himself.
              (not that there's anything wrong with that...)
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

A message from the lame duck Supreme Military Commander

The original title was just the Military Advisor, iirc. However, times have changed, comrades! The Commander cooks up schemes to bring the neighbors to their knees. The president then carries out these schemes, much to the delight of our citizens.

As the S.M.C., I've taken no orders from the politburo or any other buro or bureau. The people have been presented military plans (invasion plans, unit building requests, exploration orders), the S.M.C. recommends the best choice, the people vote in overwhelming support.

Now I must vote...
                The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                intelligence to few.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker

Again, no, he is NOT in charge of warfare; he is an ADVISOR. He is in no way, shape or form *supreme* military *commander*. The president is supreme military commander. He should be Defense Minister or Minister of War etc., but not supreme military commander.
                  Actually, he *is* the Minister of War. When Minister of War Sodaq adopted the SMC title, our love and respect for him was so great that we allowed him to use it. I favor returning to "Minister of War", myself. It's just that SMC is so easy to type, and "MiniWar" is far too Orwellian.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                  Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                  Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                  Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

The SMC is the supreme *military* commander (actually, the Minister of War)
                    The original title was just the Military Advisor
                    When Minister of War Sodaq adopted the SMC title...
                    Actually, due to my memory, the citizen who initiates the auto-title of Supreme Military Commander was our first Defense advisor, Shade, when MdS was President.
                    But when MdS became Ministry of Defense, he adopted this title systematically and the cleverness of his strategy made that "coup" uncontested.
                    But in case of a failure, the communist government will be without a pity for a ministry.
                    BTW, have we conquered Siberia ?
                    JCP
                    Paris, FRANCE

Comment

I think I stand corrected. I was only newly-arrived back then, and was not very observant of titles.

Thank you, JCP

*President cavebear orders a 2 gold bonus and 2 pounds of filet mignon to Citizen JCP*

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

and "MiniWar" is far too Orwellian
                        That's a great idea! We can have MiniWar, MiniPax (foreign minister), MiniLuv (City-Planner), MiniTru (Science Minister), MiniPlen (MiniPlenty? MiniPlent? anyway, Trade Minister), and Big Brother (president). We are commies, aren't we?

Comment

Yikes! I'd better do a good job! It's a little early for acceptance/concession speeches atawa, but as good candidates we always think ahead.

Due to the above concerns the winner of this poll shall be called "Minister of War", as the post was originally, until such a time as anyone believes it necessary to change it, for reasons of competency, or, dare I say it, incompetency.

If elected I will strive to convince the citizenry to eliminate the Egyptian and American threats to our State. I will also aim to keep our lands safe by maintaining the respect of our other neighbours (translation: they won't DARE attack - ).

I have a strong interest in research also. There is the potential for much new military hardware to be developed and this would both save the lives of our soldiers and increase efficiency by enabling faster liberations of Egypt and America.

And in the true style of SODAQ, use smilies in a classy manner.

VP,
                          MrWIA.

Consul.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                            (translation: they won't DARE attack - ).
                            Alas, this is the AI we are talking about...
                            The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                            intelligence to few.

Comment

Supreme Millitary Commander-to be MrWhereItsAt..

May I ask what your plan on bringing the Apolyton-Egyptian-American conflict to an end QUICKLY is?

Might I also ask what resources will have to be drained to continue this long-running conflict. For example, how many more men are going to be recruited? How many more ships will have to come out of the shipyards? Most importantly of all, how much money will this war COST?
                              Will you also be working with the City Planner to improve city buildings (library, university etc) to maximise our research capabilities? How much will THIS cost, and will our cities cope with maximising research whilst building new armies whilst maintaining acceptable tax levels?

Might we also have some idea of your millitary strategies?

Defensive (luring them out to get us)?
                              Offensive (charging at their cities)?
                              Sabotage (and bribery)?

The population may soon begin to tire of the drain of our resources this war is bringing.
                              However, I fear that the quickest way to end the war is going to be the most costly, unit wise.
                              Of course, doing it slowly could have serious implications government wise..

*cackle*

Politics is fun
                              Roar!

Comment

Thank you all for your votes. Debate has been raging here during the elections (do us selfless leaders EVER get a break? )
                                about the future of our glorious State and its relations with the decadent Egyptians and their barbaric neighbours the Americans.

I hereby wish to make my first duty as Minister of War to start a new thread where the conflicting ideas on the use of our superior military position can be discussed freely. I will be incapacitated for the next two or so days as I must finish up my last week of Uni. Very soon, Comrades, I will have no more sh*tty 15 minute seminars and multiple assignments at bad times (ain't University grand?). Once these are over all I have for the rest of the month is exams - and that means heaps of free War Room time!

I certainly have my own ideas on what we should do from here, and I will post them freely. But if others have better ideas, and can reason them well in the public eye, then I of course serve only to appease the bloodthirsty (or tree-hugging ) members of our soon-to-be workers' paradise.

The first analyses from the War Office will emerge within the next three days: if this is for some reason unacceptable (and I don't see why it shouldn't be OK - we've had longer delays in starting the game after elections with everybody actually present), then President cavebear - please let me know and we'll arrange something.

Thank you all, especially you atawa for your spirited competition. I hope you can help as much as possible by being an outspoken member of the public on military issues - if you are a party member perhaps you can be their military spokesperson?

Let the debate commence.... I'll check every now and again. Otherwise see you all in a few days....

War Minister,
                                MrWIA.

Consul.

Comment

Working...
                                X