Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many times in a row can someone hold the same post?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many times in a row can someone hold the same post?

The options are self-explanatory (=number of consecutive terms). If someone is not in the Council for a term (=one month game time), their number resets to 0 until their next "in" term. If there is no new candidate for a position, someone who has reached their limit may take that position (we DO need to keep things going here! ), but where possible we get ppl who haven't reached their limit yet to be Ministers/Prez/VP.

Terms as VP don't count to the limit, whether they are second-place in the President's poll or are appointed by the Prez.

Also please vote in my other poll.

You have two days for both.

(Does the above statement count as spam? It IS exactly the same as in my other poll.
    )

Anyway, vote please!

VP MrWIA
    1 (ie they MUST change each time)
    7.69%
    38.46%
    However long they are allowed in the Council (see other poll)
    46.15%
    Day-oh! Daayyy-oh! Come Mr Tally-man, tally me bananas...
    7.69%

The poll is expired.

Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Nice job exempting your own gig from term limits, MrWIA...

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

historians don't count i assume...

Comment

Everyone vote on the banana option, and they will have to reconsider making it a rule!!!
        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
        Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
        Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
        Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

Re: How many times in a row can someone hold the same post?

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
          (Does the above statement count as spam? It IS exactly the same as in my other poll.
          if writing the same text in two links is not spam,
          then replying with the same text is no more

quote:

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
          Terms as VP don't count to the limit,

Why ? Is not he a member of the Cabinet ?
          I think we regularly talk of an exception for Historian, whose task is particular, and a unique style may benefit to the quality of our glorious history.
          ... and our "petit lapin" do the thing well, without competitor !
          JCP
          Paris, FRANCE

Comment

To civman2000, JCP, and others --

I'm very complimented etc. by the thought that the office of Historian should somehow be exempt from term limits.

I neither request nor desire such treatment. In fact, the intrusion of Real Life on my 'poly habit will make the point moot in another month. My July is booked solid, and the laptop stays home.

I say, if we're setting rules, set them universally. This game is supposed to be democratic and egalitarian in nature, so let's try to be true to that notion.
            /
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Yeesh! I didn't expect that number of smilies in this thread! The idea behind exempting VP from term limits was that no-one goes for VP, it is like a consolation prize for not being VP, or an appointed job and thus didn't quite sit in the same category as the rest of the Council.

I would like to reassure everyone this is NOT a ploy to slowly stack the Council with my supporters, as they one by one must leave whereas I stay eternal VP. Although thanks for the idea.

It seems that the result of this poll shall apply to ALL Council posts - if that is the will of the workers of Apolyton!

And CannonFodder - what do you consider wrong with this rule?
              Consul.

Comment

What do we do if the votes for 1 term and 2 term add up to the votes for 3 terms or beat 3 terms; do we have a runoff with 2 terms vs. 3 terms?
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

If there's a tie we repoll. That is a result of an earlier decision.
                  Consul.

Comment

it's over...the verdict is: keep it at 4 terms and there is no additional limit for consecutive terms.

Comment

Working...
                    X