Where to send those caravans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to send those caravans

Most caravans are assigned to help build SoL(in theory that's possible in 6-7 turns),but we have 2 caravans left.

Caravan 1: is beeing build in Umbra
    time to completion 2 or 3 turns
    the only possible thing to trade is Salt.
    If our president follows the SoL buildingplan I send him there will be a trireme ready to transport this caravan to wherever we want.
    These are the best options we have:
    1) Antium (Roman)[3]
    2) Cumae (Roman)[3]
    3) Nova Hispania [6]
    4) Babar [3]
    5) stack it for the next wonder after SoL

My personal suggestions are the Roman cities ... and esspecially not Babar( to far away and to little profit)
    Attached Files
    the Ubra-caravan to Antium
    16.13%
    the Ubra-caravan to Cumae
    9.68%
    the Ubra-caravan to Nova Hispania
    9.68%
    the Ubra-caravan to Babar
    6.45%
    the Ubra-caravan to build next wonder after SoL
    12.90%
    the kIndalia-caravan to Babylon (Cap)
    25.81%
    the kIndalia-caravan to Bombay
    6.45%
    the kIndalia-caravan to Delhi (Cap)
    6.45%
    the kIndalia-caravan to build wonder after SoL
    6.45%

The poll is expired.

ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

kIndalia caravan

this caravan will take 6 or 7 turn to complete
    here there are 2 things we can send for trade: Beads and Hides

so best options are :
    1) Babylon (Babylonians)[8]{cap}--->beads
    2) Bombay (Indians)[4]--->beads
    3) Delhi(Indians)[5]{cap}--->hides
    4) keep it to build next wonder after SoL

maybe it's worth to send it to Babylon a size 8 capital + we can send a diplo allong( there is still room on the ship) and establish an embassy wit them( if that's ok with our Foreign advisor)
    Attached Files
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Comment

Sending the kIndalia Caravan and a Diplomat to Babylon seems like a good plan to me. There is an empty Trireme heading North that can arrive at kIndalia via Apolytonia (to pick up the Diplomat there) in exactly 7 turns. Then it can head straight for Babylon.

The Trireme involved in the SoL project can then pick up the Crusaders the first Trireme was inteded to transport.

Last edited by cavebear; May 12, 2002, 10:30.
      Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
        Sending the kIndalia Caravan and a Diplomat to Babylon seems like a good plan to me. There is an empty Trireme heading North that can arrive at kIndalia via Apolytonia (to pick up the Diplomat there) in exactly 7 turns. Then it can head straight for Babylon.

The Trireme involved in the SoL project can then pick up the Crusaders the first Trireme was inteded to transport.

nice to see these triremes can be planned so perfectly

Shade

Comment

I am not the best strategic player. I would not have concieved on the attack on Elephantine, for example. But I seldom fail in tactical planning. If someone points me to an objective, I will find a way to accomplish it. I will count the advantage of every last Worker toward accomplishing a goal. I will move every ship efficiently. I will take a city or a tech as best possible. I will take advantage of evey unit that can be moved to our gain, and I will sacrifice an ocassional unit for known gains.

It takes both kinds...

Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

I recommended using that trireme to scout the egyptian/american coastline in my military plans thread... It is not a necessary ship in this plan, as the other two can simply return to friendly waters via the scenic route. Use it for caravan transport!
            The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
            intelligence to few.

Comment

I think we need to go with them all!
              Play the Demo Games!!
              Running for Foreign Minister in the 3rd Civ2 Single Human Play game!!
              Vote for the experience, Vote for me!!

Comment

Normally I'm not that thourough my research either but we all have time now...a dozen turns are planned in a week when otherwise we only would take a few minutes.

(btw cavebear your cityplanning-strategies were also very impressive )

Shade

Comment

Well shade get going!
                  Play the Demo Games!!

Comment

Originally posted by adamsj
                    Well shade get going!
                    relax...this poll is still 14h open.

Jrabbit do you still have some of those chill-pills???I think our foreign advisor needs them...

btw Cavebear when do you want your reports in??(by friday?)

Shade

Comment

Yes, I would like to receive the Minister's Reports on Friday GMT Noon, so I have them when I get home that day.

Comment

GO Get all the way!
                        Play the Demo Games!!

Comment

Sorry, need too continue ... Go Get all the way to all of these sites!
                          Play the Demo Games!!

Comment

Originally posted by adamsj
                            Sorry, need too continue ... Go Get all the way to all of these sites!
                            that will be kinda hard having only 2 caravans and 7 destinations and knowing that even in special circumstances you can get 1 electron on 2 different places there are still 3 unreachable objects.

Shade

Comment

We need to build carvanas and transport for them then!
                              Play the Demo Games!!

Comment

Working...
                              X