Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proposal thread: Game and forum rules and constitution for real at the end the final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposal thread: Game and forum rules and constitution for real at the end the final

rules and constitution will be set in stone, but any changes will need to be polled by members and agree by more than 1/2 of the membership!

The final version agreed by over five people here will be put before the members for any poll and over 1/2 of the membership most agree to it!

You have a week to have our discussion until the polls!
    Play the Demo Games!!
    Running for Foreign Minister in the 3rd Civ2 Single Human Play game!!
    Vote for the experience, Vote for me!!

To start, you ought to dig up that thread containing a rough compilation of rules. It was a bit too heavy on the rules, but might be a framework upon which to start.
    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
    intelligence to few.

Comment

I STRONGLY oppose the use of a strict constitution. I fear becoming an over-organized game!

Comment

I hereby form the AAAC (Association of Apolytonians Against a Constitution)

Comment

I agree partially with Civman2000...
          The rules should be not to strict but also not bend to extremes.
          Best might be to dig up the old rules thread and go over all rules there and compair to how we did the things in the last months.

Shade
          ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
          "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
          shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

I agree that the rules should not be strict. We should simply glean what information we can from the original rules, reorganize what makes sense, and get rid of the dumb stuff, possibly adding rules that we think might be important. But I don't think that they should matter that much, a general framework is good enough.
            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
            Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
            Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
            Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

Well, we do have a few guidelines on responsibilities for the Advisors, and some common-sense stuff like "Presidents don't screw their people", but with one or two possible additions, we currently have next to no Constitution. It should be against the Constitution to have a Constitution!
              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Civfanatics is an excellent place to look to find mistakes (not just for demo games, also for their civ3-stories board too!). I believe that because everyone understands the way it works and newcomers can pick it up quickly there should be no formal constitution

Comment

I agree that the rules should not be strict and should be able to be changed!
                  Last edited by James Adams; May 2, 2002, 07:56.
                  Play the Demo Games!!

Comment

adamsj - I think you should form a Committee of Four to consider what should be in our Constitution. And be sure to include one person who doesn't think there *should* be a Constitution (so that it doesn't get out of hand).

You, of course, should head up this committee.
                    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
                      adamsj - I think you should form a Committee of Four to consider what should be in our Constitution. And be sure to include one person who doesn't think there *should* be a Constitution (so that it doesn't get out of hand).

You, of course, should head up this committee.
                      Who should be in the commitee? I will be head, but who should be the other three? Select by ourself members, it is up to you!

I will pick the three members who are mention the most to be in the committee, you have two days!
                      Play the Demo Games!!

Comment

I nominate civman2000 as a member of the officially unnamed "Anticonstitutionalists' party".
                        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                          I nominate civman2000 as a member of the officially unnamed "Anticonstitutionalists' party".
                          That great That one vote for Civman2000!
                          Play the Demo Games!!

Comment

Originally posted by adamsj
                            Who should be in the commitee?
                            The Sodaquistas should have a committee member, as our influence spreads throughout Apolytonia...
                            The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                            intelligence to few.

Comment

Which and who is in the Sodaquistas?!
                              Play the Demo Games!!

Comment

Working...
                              X